Columbia MO Swap Meet Score!!!

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My buddy and I got up early and drove down to the swap meet that was being held in Columbia this morning. I wasn't looking for anything in particular except possibly some four speed pedals for a future transmission swap that I planned on doing.

The first thing I know, I found a guy selling some 69 A body pedals. Nothing fancy but complete and only surface rust. Should clean up pretty nicely. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

IMG_20120204_133914.jpg

We walked around a few more minutes and I found a guy selling an A body four speed. I checked it out, shifted it through the gears, and checked for any obvious damage. Appeared to be in pretty good shape.

IMG_20120204_133818.jpg

Two booths down a find a guy selling a small block bell housing. It appears to be bead blasted and has a NEW inspection cover and rubber boot.

IMG_20120204_133840.jpg

I remembered seeing a four speed mount somewhere, so we rewalked the whole place and ended up back at the guy who sold me the four speed. He had a mount and crossmember. He also had a box of misc pieces including a Z bar, ball socket and other parts that had also been bead blasted. So I grabbed those also.

IMG_20120204_133825.jpg

IMG_20120204_133923.jpg

So, here it is at home all laid out on my garage floor.

IMG_20120204_133733.jpg

What do you guys think a good price would be for all of this stuff? After everyone guesses, I'll tell you what I have in it and what I paid for each individual piece.

Probably between 675 and 725 would be my guess. No matter what you paid for it, as long as it gets your car to where you want it, it doesn't matter. Have fun with your project, and post plenty of pictures.

Bill S.

I'll play, I say 325.00. A good price for all of it I'm guessing the the 600 range.

I don't know if it's because of the bad pictures or people just don't care, but I paid just short of $500 for everything.

I guess I was the only one who was excited about it!!! Carry on.

Good guess seeing that I gave you the answer in the post above?!?!

cool score on the parts, it's always a happy day when you get the parts you need!!
our local swap was also this weekend- but life happens & couldn't make it out (Wichita)
but the other beauty is craigslist gets some new hits & I can contact those guys. Lawrence

You open up that tranny yet?

Nah. It's sittin on a bench in the garage. I have about 30 people due over in six hours for a Super Bowl party!!!

I wouldn't know what I was looking for anyway!?! Lol I ran it through all four forward gears and reverse while my buddy twisted the input shaft. No funny noises or anything?!?

I was there too .... but I passed on the pedals... the lowest he would go was 135.00. Didn't see the trans.......Dan :D

I was there too .... but I passed on the pedals... the lowest he would go was 135.00. Didn't see the trans.......Dan :D

I saw the guy that was asking $175 for the pedals, I walked right past him. I'm glad I did. I found these on the south side of the building under a table. The guy wanted $50, so I offered him $40. He about got half pissed off, so I gave him the $50!!!!

My first thought was that the trans alone would be $250 and then started adding up to over $600, Then I seen your post :coffee2: I was going to guess if Brian got a hellava great deal :scratch: it would be fourfifty BrianT:D Then I seen your post, Truthfully !!!

Congratulations Brian :D You snagged up some great parts and enjoyed a great day.. I will will see you in about 4 hours :thumbup: enjoy your day :D

I think you got a pretty good deal at $500.
I would have guessed $750 would have been fair for what you got, but that's here.
Cudos to you!

There was a guy there selling everything that I bought plus a shifter and flywheel. He was asking $1k.

You got a deal for sure. You got to love having a good day and scoring some parts at a good price.

Good score.........How about the spicey pork chili recipe????? Looks good, i like chili!!!!!

wish i could of had gone,did pick up a set of headers at a local junkyard today for 30.00 for my 5.9l 96 dodge pick up

you did well i sold a buddy my 4 speed set up with everything but pedals for 460 a few years back

yea as long as your happy and got what you wanted at a fair price,are you going to pop that side cover off and check the tranny out

-
Back