Coming back to Mopar

-
G

gmatjasic

15 years ago I sold my 1970 Duster to buy a Corvette (I'm sure I'm going to hear some comments). I sold the Duster to a friends brother with the understanding that if it was sell he would call me. I got the call about 2 weeks ago and agreed to buy it back. My wife is excited, it was the car I drove when we were dating. I was a big Mopar nut, I have owned 2-1972 Dusters, 1967 Barracuda notchback, 1971 Super Bee, 1967 Polara wagon and a couple Dakotas.
The Duster has been sitting in his garage for the past 9 years not running. He says it needs the timing fixed, a gas tank, power steering pulley and a few other things.

Looking forward to driving it again, But I am still keeping my Corvette.

So did it cost you more to buy it back than what you sold it for?

How about some pictures when you owned it, and what it looks like today!

welcome back.

X2

I don't know.... Corvettes have never did anything for me. I mean I know that I'm a Mopar man but seioursly... vettes just are lame in my book. To me they aren't muscle cars, or drag cars for that matter. Maybe those road course tracks is where they need to be.

I do like the old 63 stingray split window however! lol

Welcome back and Im glad.This is a story I wish I saw more often.

To the Mopar guy welcome back, to the vet guy F/U!

Just kidding!

Welcome.
Kenny

Well i'm glad you saw the "light" and came back..'70 duster my favorite Mopar...

Sheesh these guys are surprisingly harsh on the 'Vette conversion to The Dark Side, eh??? It's okay ... you can come sit here by me and I'll protect you (they're all scared o'me anyhow lol). :-D

Congrats on getting your old Duster back! Keep us posted on your progress and plans.

Sounds good to me. The best of both worlds, a 'vette daily driver grocery getter and a nice '70 Duster for the special weekend car. LOL.
Seriously, welcome to FABO and welcome back to the Mopar light and partially out of the 'darkness'!
As others have said, we need pics. Especially 'before and after' pics.

-
Back