Commando heads

-

UncleTed

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a set from a friend with 1.5 and 1.6 roller rockers for $1000.
Just curious what you guys think of these heads and what kind of performance I can get out of them. They are stock with no porting.

What does having 1.5 intake rockers and 1.6 exhaust rockers do?

Which Commando's are they? The 177's or the 190's? The 190's took the place of the W-5's. They are some vary good heads. IMO. Thats a fair price with the roller rockers.

The use of 2 different rocker arms can show a gain on some combo's. They could be placed on ethier side of the head, intake or exhaust. Without getting silly and long winded in an explaination, that's basicly it in a nut shell.

Which Commando's are they? The 177's or the 190's? The 190's took the place of the W-5's. They are some vary good heads. IMO. Thats a fair price with the roller rockers.

BJR, the 190's took the place of the W-5 head? And are the bolt holes for the intake spread apart wider?

When you talk about 'Commando Heads" you're talking about late model Mopar Performance heads and not 1965-69 Commando (HP273) heads. toolmanmike

I'm not sure. The guy who has them is a friend of mine and is out playing GI Joe this week (Army reserves) I will look at them next weekend when he gets home.

good deal!

and it means for some reason they were trying to get more exhaust flow or compensate, but why?

Would be good to have them flowed.

He ran a Procharged small block. I don't know if that had something to do with it or not.

-
Back