Comp Cams 1074 roller rocker arm ?

-

krw340

Reaction score
I just purchased a set of these rocker arms and the instructions say to use a rocker arm shaft with a hardness of 57 Rockwell "C" scale or "N" scale equivalent. A chrome plated shaft will not work. Anyone have a part number for a shaft that will work.

Rocker arms without shafts?

Return them for the kit.

Yep, that kit is steep $$$. I'd make a few calls if I was you.

Starting here.....dial the free CAM HELP® line at 800-999-0853.

Then seek there shafts and other missing parts.
Call the Comp Cams number above to start.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...Y2Nlc3Nvcmllcw==&level2=U2hhZnRz&partid=10392

Our proprietary oil delivery system improves the efficiency of chryslers interrupted oil supply to the rocker arms. Our new oiling system is the first improvement in shaft rocker systms in over 50 years. These shafts are hardened to 48-52 rc and finish ground to increase the life and durability of the shafts and rockers. These shafts feature chamfered oil holes to spread the oil better in the concentrated pressure areas and calibrated hold down holes to better supply oil to the critical areas. Not for use with needle bearing rockers

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...Y2Nlc3Nvcmllcw==&level2=U2hhZnRz&partid=10392

Our proprietary oil delivery system improves the efficiency of chryslers interrupted oil supply to the rocker arms. Our new oiling system is the first improvement in shaft rocker systms in over 50 years. These shafts are hardened to 48-52 rc and finish ground to increase the life and durability of the shafts and rockers. These shafts feature chamfered oil holes to spread the oil better in the concentrated pressure areas and calibrated hold down holes to better supply oil to the critical areas. Not for use with needle bearing rockers.

Tony, the 1074's are needle bearing from everything I've seen advertised.

Ok..the simple question....have you called or contacted CompCams ?

Please do let us know. Hopefully it's just a simple, order this part # deal.

I wouldn't have called them during Thanksgiving weekend either. Who knows, the Janitors might have been manning the tech lines for the holidays...lol.

You can also contact Harland Sharp. They are the same rocker arms. I had come across a set of those comp rockers in the past. Tech at Comp confirmed they were Harland Sharp rockers, shafts, ...

I called Comp Cams today and they told me to call Indy Cylinder Heads ! :wack: So I called Indy and they suggested using their 360-R4-14 shafts, but couldn't tell me What the hardness scale is on them ! Then I called Harland Sharp and was told to use their PR7002-78 shafts at $235.70 plus shipping. I'll have to look into buying the 7/8" tool steel blanks !

-
Back