Comp Cams Factory Tour & Behind The Scenes: How Does a Performance Camshaft Get Made?

-
I watched that last night. I was hoping the guy would ask why so many of their cams get wiped out on break in:lol:
when I build my engines , I check each lifter in the hole and hones them until they move freely. and clean the block and make sure the cam is lube properly. if you have really hard springs they recommend you break in cam with lighter springs. I ve never had a cam break in issue yet im over 50

Great video, thanks for sharing!

I see they have some Landis grinders. During high school I went to Vo-tech for machine shop. After graduating, I worked at Landis Tool Company running a manual turret lathe. We made Cam Grinders, crank grinders, and valve grinders that were sold to the auto industry.

That was 1981-1983. They may have newer machines at Comp Cams or maybe a part or two I made is helping to make Comp Cams :)

I may still be at Landis if it weren't for the Japanese :mob:. You may have seen the Japanese grinders in the video.

I watched that last night. I was hoping the guy would ask why so many of their cams get wiped out on break in:lol:
I just wiped out a 360 cid rebuild using, Comp Cams stuff , very doubtful if Ill return to Comp Cams, the Customer Service and Warranty folks, just jerked me around on the phone to say, it was my fault! Going to HOWARDS for version 2

when I build my engines , I check each lifter in the hole and hones them until they move freely. and clean the block and make sure the cam is lube properly. if you have really hard springs they recommend you break in cam with lighter springs. I ve never had a cam break in issue yet im over 50
Have you used Comp Cams products recently (withing the past 18 months) ?

I just wiped out a 360 cid rebuild using, Comp Cams stuff , very doubtful if Ill return to Comp Cams, the Customer Service and Warranty folks, just jerked me around on the phone to say, it was my fault! Going to HOWARDS for version 2

ns1rm21 had two Comp 268XE BB mopar cams go bad immediately on run stand within 2 week period about 2 years ago. Then ran 20+ year old NOS MP cam and no issues. Many miles since.

Just got a Comp multi-key BB timing chain to degree cam with about 4 months ago. Keys were way off.

No more Comp.

ns1rm21 had two Comp 268XE BB mopar cams go bad immediately on run stand within 2 week period about 2 years ago. Then ran 20+ year old NOS MP cam and no issues. Many miles since.

Just got a Comp multi-key BB timing chain to degree cam with about 4 months ago. Keys were way off.

No more Comp.

-
Back