competition plus shifter

-
It looks like the one one
That would be aftermarket.

Ok. Any thoughts on moving over to a competition plus? It could use a rebuild at some point (the existing one) so just adding a newer better unit would be a good upgrade.

Here are some pics I just took of what I have.

20210311_122133.jpg

20210311_122149.jpg

20210311_122157.jpg

20210311_122244.jpg

Looks like you have a 64-65 A Body Hurst Shifter. If you remove it and clean it up it should say "Competition Plus" on the housing. You can replace the housing and get the stop bolts if that is what you are looking for. Or go through and rebuild it, if you want to do that. Is it comfortable as is? You don't need anything new, for sure. I'd get rid of those cotter keys and get the right clips for the linkage. Those are great shifters in good condition.

Looks like you have a 64-65 A Body Hurst Shifter. If you remove it and clean it up it should say "Competition Plus" on the housing. You can replace the housing and get the stop bolts if that is what you are looking for. Or go through and rebuild it, if you want to do that. Is it comfortable as is? You don't need anything new, for sure. I'd get rid of those cotter keys and get the right clips for the linkage. Those are great shifters in good condition.

Sounds like a winner to me. I'll get the clips first thing and then look at a rebuild. I like it it I guess I am spoiled by more modern manuals!!

I have all kinds of modern manuals, 96 Neon, 98, Neon, and a 2009 Challenger R/T. I like the Hurst shifter and 4 speed in the 66 Formula S the best, but everything in the 66 is rebuilt and I've basically had the same car for 45 years.

-
Back