Complete 8 3/4 Craigslist Atlanta

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
Atlanta Craigslist--Auto Parts, search 'mopar.' 65-67 b-body complete 8 3/4 rear, 2.94. My question is: Is this what I need for my 65 cuda, that I use for around-town easy driving? Thanks for your help.

It should bolt up if you pull the springs out 1/2" on each side. Not a big deal, been done thousands of times. If you want, you can move the perches in the 1/2" on each side.

Wheels may need some more backspacce as the rear is a bit wider than an A body rear, 1-1.25" or so on each side.

The u joint may or may not be the same. Could be a 7290 joint. I doubt your Cuda has a 7290 driveshaft, so a combo joint may be required. Also the driveshaft will need to be shortened slightly, about 1" IIRC.

Thanks very much. That's just the kind of info I need. Seller is named Frank, he sounds like a real Mopar old-timer. His shop is called MoparRestos, in Summerville, GA. He has lg bolt disc setups and lots of other stuff. Gonna drive up tomorrow...he might be a good resourse for those of us who live in north GA.

That's a lot of cash for a B body rear IMHO.

If you don't have time to go to the swaps or look around yards, I guess the $ are the other way to go.

Check the drums close as that would be a big deal to replace. They aren't cheap. I'd expect teh complete brake system to be usable except maybe the cyclinders.

Thanks for your opinion on the price, I didn't realize $350 was high. I sure don't have extra dough to spend...recent paintjob, bodywork. When I get an idea for improving my cuda, I get all excited and want to jump on it right then. That's my problem, I want instant gratification. We have great junkyards here in GA, I'll go lookin.

The combo u-joint, and shortening the driveshaft...easy to find/do?

the combo u joint is around 22 to $25 , shorteninmg around here with balancing is $75.00. some of the shafts have an inner tube with a rubber section around it and the shops give up on those when they find out what it is. hopefully you have one thats ok for shotening.

. . . . Seller is named Frank, he sounds like a real Mopar old-timer. His shop is called MoparRestos, in Summerville, GA. He has lg bolt disc setups and lots of other stuff. Gonna drive up tomorrow...he might be a good resourse for those of us who live in north GA.

Seller's last name wouldn't be Mitchell would it?

-
Back