complete idiot here starting my first rebiuld

-

73_scamp

Reaction score
I hope you guys can help me with what may seem like stupid questions to you but i am a complete newby so please be patient. I have a 73 scamp 318 that my dad bought new and gave to me when i turned 16 back in 84. this is my first car and i grew up in it so it means a lot to me. lots and lots of good memories in that car. I don't know **** about **** but am going to try to make a resto mod out of her. I will be needing lots of help so thanks in advance. This car means the world to me I got my first kiss in that car. I got my first piece of A in that car and a lot more memories are in it. It has been sitting in a garage for 10 years now and is looking pretty sad.

Wow...10 years in the garage...all time to between pieces of Azz

You will get plenty of stupid answers to every one of your stupid questions., ha, ha.

No seriously, you came to the right place.

What are your plans for the car? stock or modified?

Those firsts....ah...those firsts ! Start on the interior ...first...you may want to destroy DNA evidence. BTW...A very hearty welcome.

Welcome 73. Your a lucky boy coming to this site. All the info that you will need is right here in the minds of a lot of good members and you can bet they are willing and ready to help. Just fire the questions at us and we'll be on em like a pitbull on a T-Bone. Welcome to the greatest sight in Mopardome.
Small Block

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys. I like a mix of the old and new so that is what i will be attempting with this car. As it sits the motor turns over freely but i haven't tried to start her yet. Some years ago I tried to help out the 318 with a newly worked set of 360 j heads and a crane cam but can't remember the specs. I think the lift was 450-455. idled nicely with a slight rump. Performer intake and a holey 4150 double pumper 600cfm. This just killed the bottom end and the car was slower than with the 2 barrel. That is the main reason i parked it.

Welcome to FABO. Lets see some pics of the Scamp as it sits right now, it will be easier for us to help you with what to get started on first.

Welcome to FABO! Good luck on your build. Lots of info here on this site to help you out with it and show you what to do and what not to do. Like not putting 360 heads on a 318. LOL Live and learn.

-
Back