Not open for further replies.

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
I just swapped out my power steering setup for manual in my '65 Valiant and have all of the power stuff for sale. Would like to sell as complete package, to include;

----------------------------------------
-Gear box
-Pump
-Slant 6 mounting bracket
-Steering shaft (not pictured)

This setup worked good, was smooth but had a slight leak at the front of the pump or around one of the hose inlets. I never really tried to hunt it down and fix it. The new owner should probably invest in a rebuild kit.

$100 for everything + shipping from 33186.
I prefer PayPal.

Thank you

Attachments

• DSC02125.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC02128.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC02137.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 331
I know you just want to sell as a package,(which I wish I found this thread a couple months ago) but all I need now is the shaft. Would you be willing to sell me just the shaft and if so how much?

I just swapped out my power steering setup for manual in my '65 Valiant and have all of the power stuff for sale. Would like to sell as complete package, to include;

-Gear box
-Pump
-Slant 6 mounting bracket
-Steering shaft (not pictured)

This setup worked good, was smooth but had a slight leak at the front of the pump or around one of the hose inlets. I never really tried to hunt it down and fix it. The new owner should probably invest in a rebuild kit.

$100 for everything + shipping from 33186.
I prefer PayPal.

Thank you

This is exactly what Valiant Rebel needs. Due to medical reasons he is having problems driving his Valiant. You might contact him on the complete deal if you still have all of it.

Pics of the steering shaft.

Attachments

• DSC02154.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC02157.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 245
That is correct. This is all off of a Slant 6 car.
I should have mentioned the steering shaft is pending sold. Everything else is still available.

thanks

Steering shaft is sold.
All other parts still available and accepting offers.

Thank you

one mile,

I can answer since I got intimate with the power steering in my 65 Dart 273. You are correct that everything but the pump bracket and V-belt should fit. I assume the steering linkage is the same. You may also need a shorter steering tube housing than for manual, which he doesn't included.

You can get the V-8 brackets (2 pieces) new after-market for ~$50 from many vendors. Those are for the TRW pump on the cast-iron water pump. If you have the later aluminum water pump (like me), I never found brackets for the TRW pump and had to change to the similar-looking Federal (or Mopar) pump.

I need a mint used return hose and a correct date coded pressure hose. What date code is on yours?= It can be found on either end. Thanks

Thanks for the info BillGrissom, do you have any info to what mods are needed for the stock steering shaft? Its a stock automatic floor shift. Any input will be welcome.

Most people swap the whole column assembly. However, that adds the variable of column shift vs floor shift. So maybe just using the inner shaft (for sale) is fine.

It would probably fit in your existing manual column tube (not sure). Lookup my post on the steering column rebuild and check the diameter of your manual shaft. The shaft isn't supported at the end of the tube. There was a plastic insert there from the factory, but most have fallen out by now. It was apparently to block hot gas from the engine, not to support the shaft since the end is held by the coupler. There are suggestions for replacing the insert in my post by me and others.

The shaft difference between the manual and power steering is about 3 inches, if you cut the pinned tip off and then take 3" out and weld back, you got yourself a power steering shaft. The column has a slot that indexes into the column clamp under the dash, mark it and then install the power box and coupler, measure mark difference and section out that much of the shaft. Cut, (slide new column seal, coupler cap and new coupler seal onto bare shaft NOW, or do from other side any time if you are taking the shaft out) square off, bevel edges, chuck in V blocks and line up coupler pin end to be perpendicular to lower vertical spoke of steering wheel (horizontal at straight steering wheel, index hole toward driver side) tack weld every 90 in a cross pattern, check straightness and tack again, check and then run final bead. Grind down, sand and shoot with silver or semi gloss black. About an hour of relaxing work. No hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back