complete trans where to buy.........

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 727. And need a fairly stout trans. I'm new to the a body sceene and want some advice. I'm in need of a trans. I could build one, (i have in the past but it was a chevy and it just was a factory rebuild) now I'm looking for a reverse pattern manual valvebody trans that can hold up to street use but will see more track time that street. I want a trans that will not fail(when properly maintained) and that I will not have to worry about behind my modified 5.7 hemi with a 150 shot. I should be in the 650 flywheel hp range when on the bottle. Any builders come to mind? Thanks a bunch.

Pro Trans
42156 10th St W # D
Lancaster, CA 93534-7064
(661) 940-7400

Not trying to be a smartass.....but why not buy an ATSG manual on the 727 and build it yourself? They are very simple to build. You should look into it.

yes..they are very simple to build...I have even done it several times..

besides the ATSG...get the video

call john at magoos automotive (623)362-1765
he is on 88th ave in peoria right off dear valley i think
been building chrysler trans forever! did my 904TF and did a great job! also builds all our auto trannys for the SS cars

Not trying to be a smartass.....but why not buy an ATSG manual on the 727 and build it yourself? They are very simple to build. You should look into it.

I have the ATSG manual. I just have decided I don't want to. I know it's as simple as that turbo350 that I have built.but in an attempt to save my hands (they looked like hamburger after I got done) and time I'll pass on this one.
I have to build the whole car and don't have any desire to build the trans too. The car needs full interior, the cage finished, motor installed, ladderbars and narrowed housing need to get installed.

and since I want it done by mopars of the strip I can't add in a trans rebuild as well. I hipe that answers your question. And I am a bit of a smartass myself so it's all good :)

call john at magoos automotive
he is on 88th ave in peoria right off dear valley i think
been building chrysler trans forever! did my 904TF and did a great job! also builds all our auto trannys for the SS cars

thanks man. A local guy is better than sending my money out of state. I'll stop in and chat with him. As they are not to far from me. I'm at 43rd and bell. So they are about 15min or less away.

keep the ideas coming in who you recommend. Thanks.

I would let my local trans guy do the build for me since I have no knowledge of building transmissions. Take for instance I had a 383 big block (pretty strong engine) with a rebuilt 727 trans. I talked to my transmission guy and told him it will need to beefed up. He beefed it up for me I never had any problems. Now there thousands of different components that is needed to have a strong trans. I would assume the components you need is based on how much HP you going to put through the trans. I would imagine there can be lots of money sunk into a trans but I would like to mention the torque converter will need to be built for your application. I would try to avoid the off the shelf converter.

Now if I was going to buy a trans already built I would go with fishy68 recommendation. Fishy knows transmissions.

I would let my local trans guy do the build for me since I have no knowledge of building transmissions. Take for instance I had a 383 big block (pretty strong engine) with a rebuilt 727 trans. I talked to my transmission guy and told him it will need to beefed up. He beefed it up for me I never had any problems. Now there thousands of different components that is needed to have a strong trans. I would assume the components you need is based on how much HP you going to put through the trans. I would imagine there can be lots of money sunk into a trans but I would like to mention the torque converter will need to be built for your application. I would try to avoid the off the shelf converter.

Now if I was going to buy a trans already built I would go with fishy68 recommendation. Fishy knows transmissions.
yeah the converter will be custom built. i have run the same brand converter in all of my mopars, and they know the modern hemi. so ill be having them build me one.

If you want the best performance and best times from your trans without having some loss somewhere on the track...

A&A trans or Martin Saine performance... when it comes to the latest development.... you really only have these choices...

Just out of curiosity, what guarantee will the transmission builder give you for that kind of 727?

and the second question is, what will it cost?

Just out of curiosity, what guarantee will the transmission builder give you for that kind of 727?

Tough questions to answer. I more or less get a lifetime guarantee from my buddy, but keep in mind we are good friends. The same applies to price. I do not pay labor, only parts and that is at his cost. And often times a couple of cases of Bud Light make him forget about parts. Only problem is now there is 1500 miles between us. Not going to stop me from using him, just have to crate them and ship.

what shop is it in aj? My car is out in aj at a friends house.

I have looked at A and A as well. I'll have to do some calling around and feel out the shops before I decide. I really wanted to make sure that I avoid a place that sells junk.

I have looked at A and A as well. I'll have to do some calling around and feel out the shops before I decide. I really wanted to make sure that I avoid a place that sells junk.
Meridan and Baseline, Dougs Performance Transmission, 480-964-3832. Doug Sr is the owner but his son Doug Jr is the buider, he would be the one to talk to. If you stop by tell him Doug from Washington sent you....

A&A or Martin Saine then are what you want....(non copying parts from china, like others are doing)

I still have the 1st ext adjust A&A trans, still being hammered on, knowing when the 1st ext adj 727 was made will tell you how long that is... after blowing up many of what others called good then. needless to say dragging or road racing them has had no ill effects and i haven't been under the cars a second time for trans related issues since finding and using both of these guy's.
Though MS P has a little advances in the TC end of things, and killer diesel stuff, that EVERY one is copying..some get it wrong

Lots of big names out there selling china, and china doesn't belong in performance.

For a converter give Lenny at Ultimate Converter a call he's the best in the business..as far as a warantees go never heard of a lifetime one on any race parts,trans,motors..

The reason I asked these questions was to let persons know that Dynamic transmissions give a full 1 year unconditional guarantee on their race transmissions and this should tell you what to expect when dealing with any transmission place. The cost of mine is irrelevant because of the amount of time I have had a Dynamic transmission in my car which have been since 1990 I think.

http://www.dynamicracingtrans.com/

-
Back