Concern for a Member !!

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I walked into the shop this morning and as always Vic (Tony) was setting here on one of the stools. He was looking a little scared. He started talking and i could tell his speech was slurred and that's when he mentioned that something wasn't right. He is scared not knowing what is happening. Don't know if it's a stroke or if it's heart issues. I ask him about his blood sugar. He doesn't get along with doctors and he doesn't want his wife to get hold of this. She freaks out easy and he don't need that. He has no insurance and didn't know where to go for service or to find out what the problem is. I told him to go to the ER as they had to see him. He's gone there now so that's why i'm posting. I'll head that way now and make sure he gets seen. Meantime ya'll might drop a line to the Almighty on his behalf. I'll post more when i know more.......I forgot to punch the post button before i left so here's the story. I left the shop and went to the ER and no Tony. I called him and he was at home with the wife so i told him to get his *** to the ER . He said he was walking out the door right then. I went inside and gave em a heads up on what they had coming in and i ask them how busy they were. He soon arrived and he wasn't in the chair even 3 minutes and they had him hooked up in a room. They ran a CAT Scan but it didn't show much. His speech was still slurred and would come and go so they turned him over to a neurologist. He did have a minor stroke. They did an MRI and an ultrasound of his heart and arteries in his neck. I was there for all of it. Matt, the US guy said it was all good so were waiting to see the results from the MRI. His speech is much much better and i'm trusting he'll be fine in time. I'll go up this evening and check on MRI results and let yall know. They put him in ICU so to monitor him in depth. Karen ,his wife, is a wreck but i told her that Tony would be fine and i believe it.

Wow, I hope everything is ok with Tony. I just bought an intake manifold from him last week, I will say a prayer for him!

Good call Smallblock. Glad to hear you got him to the hospital. I hope he is o.k. and I will send a prayer his way too.

Hopefully everything well be ok, good thing you got him to the hospital.

Good thing you talked him into going, hope it's nothing serious but if it is he needs to be in a hospital. He'll be in my thoughts too.

Treva and I will keep him and his wife in our prayers Bill, Tell Tony we are with him and I am so glad you got him some help Small Block.
Tony is a tall big ol fellow that is full of life and I will be seeing him and yall soon. Get back with us as soon as you can Bill.

I'll say a prayer. glad you got him there quick. Sounds like stroke related symptoms and if so the sooner he gets help theless damage is done. Hope all is ok. He is very fortunate to have a friend like you. You could have saved his life. toolman

Toolmanmike; I really believe what you said. The doctors said we got him in the 3 hr window frame for treatment. Not sure what he would have done if he had not been in the path of someone that lives with a very talented nurse. Sometime i will spill my heart out to you guys and gals and give you a better insight about this Small Block guy as well as the one they call Vic Storm......in detail. I'm sure there are those much like us and hope to hear their stories but these stories will rip you up.......better quit......i can't see the keyboard.....

Thank God you noticed something wasnt right. I hope they get him strightened out.

Toolmanmike; I really believe what you said. The doctors said we got him in the 3 hr window frame for treatment. Not sure what he would have done if he had not been in the path of someone that lives with a very talented nurse. Sometime i will spill my heart out to you guys and gals and give you a better insight about this Small Block guy as well as the one they call Vic Storm......in detail. I'm sure there are those much like us and hope to hear their stories but these stories will rip you up.......better quit......i can't see the keyboard.....

Stay strong sir, we need you again. So you take care of your self too.:clock:

Tony is a great guy and hes lucky as hell to have a great friend looking out for him in you Bill. Be sure and let he and Karen know that that they are in our prayers for a quick and full recovery with no lingering effects!

Thank God you were there, Small Block. Tony sure had an angel on his shoulder today.

prayers to our great friend and member, He and Small block was the first members for me to meet and enjoy so much great time togrther.

[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

That's what happened to my Mom.........speech was slurred, and she just "didn't feel right"..........She refused to go to the hospital...........I should have dragged her there...........2 in the morning, she had a massive stroke.

GOOD Thing you were there to encourage him. It's nothing to monkey around with.

Small Block, So glad you kicked his butt to the curb....."emergency room". A stroke is nothing to fool around with.

Please tell Tony he will be in our thoughts & prayers and God speed his recovery.

Hate to hear stuff like this...hope all goes well, good luck for a speedy recovery. Good call SmallBlock...

Nice job getting Tony to the hospital! He should be fine since it was caught quickly. Our prayers are with him.

Just talked to Karen on the cell. There is no phone in the rooms in ICU. The MRI shows that he did indeed have a small stroke but they are working with it and will bring it under control. Karen told be to tell everyone that she is most apprecative for your prayers but don't know how long they will keep him. I'm going up tonite for visiting hrs at 8 till nine and will get more details from Tony. I believe he'll be fine. Keep praying as your effort is doing the job. Heaven is on call and is stepping up to the call.

Nice job getting Tony to the hospital! He should be fine since it was caught quickly. Our prayers are with him.
Enough said, good job small block and it's good that he has a friend like you and here at FABO.
Prayers sent.
Tom.

-
Back