confused torsion bars

-

tntsteil

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
Ok guys educate me.I have an original 74 dart sport w/ a slant 6. I pulled the motor and I am putting in a 318.From what I read I need different torsion bars.I got some bars out of a 72 dart that had a 318 in it.These bars read 890R and 890L.When I pulled the passenger side t. bar out of my car it also read 890R.Is this a screw up or is this right?Do I need different bars?Thanks for any info. on this guys.

Ok guys educate me.I have an original 74 dart sport w/ a slant 6. I pulled the motor and I am putting in a 318.From what I read I need different torsion bars.I got some bars out of a 72 dart that had a 318 in it.These bars read 890R and 890L.When I pulled the passenger side t. bar out of my car it also read 890R.Is this a screw up or is this right?Do I need different bars?Thanks for any info. on this guys.

I think /6 and 318 bars are the same.

Sit in the driver's seat. Your right hand is.. passenger side.

I think his question has to do with the numbers being the same on the slant 6 bar he took out as the 318 bar he has to put in.

They may have been changed out at one time or another. The PO of my car ran a big block on slant six bars for a while.

That's a GREAT deal on torsion bars, most places are $300. AND free shipping on top of that.

I have read that if the slant 6 came with A/C it had 890 torison bars. Mark

Dunno, never id'd my original bars, factory 318. 340, no difference in height or handling.

if you can afford it, get the bigger bars. they really make a difference in handling. just suspension has a good deal going on them, or from the link provided above.
i use firmfeel 1.06 bars and they're great

/6's high the heavy duty suspension option came with the same torsion bars as the standard sb bars. These bars are .850" in diameter. The heavy duty sb bar is .870" in diameter and the big block bars are .890".

I have the .890 bars in my car fist with the /6 then with the 360. I would say these are the minimum size for a /6 or sb car.

Are you sure the bars read 890L 890R? from what I remember the a/c slant bars are 890R and 891L....Just remember that the markings are part numbers NOT actual size...unless they are aftermarket, then just disregard this post :lol:

-
Back