Connecting rods

-

ManicMoparchanic

Reaction score
Anyone have a link, or where to buy better than stock connecting rods without breaking the bank? Not drag racing but would like a lighter rod, and if all else fails, where to buy OEM style rods. Hunted the web, and all I can find is $400, and up prices on rods. Have a bad rod, so want to replace all when I do a master rebuild. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Dart4Abody.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 298
Stock and the K-1, or Molner Enterprises, rods are your only choice for off the shelf rods. These rods are the 198 rod length,and shold be used with a Wiseco piston, http://www.wiseco.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?QuoteItem=PT112A104&QuoteQTY=1
There are some companies that will make a custom rod, but they are a lot more money. How about a Titainium rod? About $300+ each.
I have some NOS 225 rods available. If interested send a PM.

Don't have any results I could share with you,but I have the K-1 rods and Wiseco piston Combo in my slant 6 right now.Just need to tidy up a few things and get it running now !!

I saw the Wiseco,and K-1 setup, but at almost a grand for rods, and pistons, I'd have to go V8. Now I love my L6s, they are tried n true. But sad cant find new OEM rods. I really want to keep my car originalish as possible so hate to loose the L6.

There you go MM,Charlie can help you out !!! Nothing wrong with used rods at all !!!:prayer:

You didn't say what size /6 you have in the Dart. Size matters, when it comes to connecting rods at any rate. Kanter ( http://www.kanter.com ) has new ones for the 225 @ $30.90 per.

http://www.kanter.com

Doesn't say whether they are new or reconditioned. Not a bad price for new, but I would suggest calling to verify they are new. Also the application year is wrong. They are listing 1960-1983.
Yes it does make a difference what engine. 170, 198, and 225 all use different connecting rods, and the 1977 and newer 225 is also a different rod. I don't think there are any new 170 or 198 rods out there any longer. I haven't seen any in several years. 198 rods are as rare as hens teeth, even as used.

Thanks for all the input, and to Charrlie for takin the time to talk with me!
Engine will be pulled again next week for tear down.
Getting my parts list up was just wondering if this cam would work with turbo application.
There is soooo many diff ideas, and specs everywhere, and so few ready to go cams, but for custom grinds, which summit,and others offer those too. This cam just seamed a good bit more lift/dur than stock, but said will work with all original engine components up to 9 to 1 compression..Of course my head is milled 60 under..Will be using flat top pistons, no valve reliefs. Hope don't have valve hitting piston issue...

Cam Style: Mechanical flat tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range: 800-4,500
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 215
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 215
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 215 int./215 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration: 252
Advertised Exhaust Duration: 252
Advertised Duration: 252 int./252 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.435 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.435 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.435 int./0.435 exh.
Lobe Separation (degrees): 110
Intake Valve Lash: 0.010 in.
Exhaust Valve Lash: 0.012 in.
Grind Number: 252S

-
Back