Console Carpet attachment 67 Barracuda?

-

Ken Pevay

Reaction score
I'm about to install new carpet in my 67 Barracuda Convertible, my question is what is the proper method to install the carpet on the center console? What is on there now is a replacement carpet installed with what looks like contact cement. If this is the way to do it is there a particular type of adhesive recommended. I have used spray adhesive as well as a brush on contact cement.

console.jpeg

What I did was use velcro, glued a piece to inside of carpet and matching piece to console. That way if I need to get in(change bulb) I can just peel it off.
Or if using an adhesive, go with 3M.

I used spray contact cement on most of mine but did use velcro or hook and loop across front and about half the left side so i could easier access the lamp. Hook and loop kit from Walmart was crap. Very little hold to it. The hook and loop robbed from a old easy up canopy holds much better.

What I did was use velcro, glued a piece to inside of carpet and matching piece to console. That way if I need to get in(change bulb) I can just peel it off.
Or if using an adhesive, go with 3M.
I love the velcro idea, I will be trying that for sure

I used spray contact cement on most of mine but did use velcro or hook and loop across front and about half the left side so i could easier access the lamp. Hook and loop kit from Walmart was crap. Very little hold to it. The hook and loop robbed from a old easy up canopy holds much better.
Thanks I will definate
I definately look for some quality vheavy duty velcro to use

I definately look for some quality heavy duty velcro to use thanks for the tip

I used contact cement. Was tuff to get the carpet up under the lip! It ain’t going anywhere now though!

-
Back