Continuing saga of the leaking ThermoQuad fuel bowl

-
I know this is an old thread, but since when is a Carter AVS a spreadbore? It's NOT! Where is it written that they used them in NASCAR? I don't think they did! I believe Chrysler should have went straight from the AFB to the Thermoquad. The AVS was the first emission carb. The first TQ's were race carbs. My opinion. I have four carbureted Mopars. They all have Thermoquads on them. As long as I own them they will never have any other carb on them! But then I have 40-50 TQs to pick from.
"I really don't care to know anything about thermo quads"

OK, but do remember that spread-bore beats square-bore any day of the week.

Mopar kicked GM's and Ford's butts in NASCAR racing when using the spread-bore AVS on its hemi and 440 wedge racing engines. GM and Ford had to maintain their contracts with square-bore carburetor manufacturers, and they could not easily switch over to spread-bore. So they went crying to the NASCAR administration instead, threatening to withdraw from NASCAR racing unless the AVS carb was banned, and NASCAR complied. (Just one of the ways that NASCAR screwed Chrysler over, and that made Chrysler eventually drop out of NASCAR.)

Ahhhhhh- could have been a typo. Square/spread, fingers moving faster than the brain…

I know this is an old thread, but since when is a Carter AVS a spreadbore? It's NOT! Where is it written that they used them in NASCAR? I don't think they did! I believe Chrysler should have went straight from the AFB to the Thermoquad. The AVS was the first emission carb. The first TQ's were race carbs. My opinion. I have four carbureted Mopars. They all have Thermoquads on them. As long as I own them they will never have any other carb on them! But then I have 40-50 TQs to pick from.
I have a 4638 AVS, of a 69 roadrunner that has zero emissions stuff

What was it in Cali? ‘66 they law on that changed?
PVC IIRC?

-
Back