Control Freak Suspension?

-
looks very interesting! That rear suspension may be the way i'm going to go with my dart instead of moving the leaf springs in would give me the same amount of clearance without having to cut into the frame.

I built my own parallel 4-link for under $600 and it is beefy.

Attachments

• ride4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,820
  • 4link.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,231
didn't know we had another option!!!! HUH surprised someone hasn't chimed in on the subject,Looks like I will be making a call--Steve

Isn't that from Mr. Norm's? Also, if it is, I've heard it's a copy of RMS, just made out of tubing as I seem to recall.

Exactly what it is. An old version at that. Id bet it hasn't been updated and improved over the years like the alter-k has.

all in all its really just some off the shelf 4link and coil overs. all this stuff mounts up just the same. lil different bracketry:burnout:

I've inquired about it a few yrs ago... Nice kit but pricey if I recall.

speaking of rocket science (you brought it up)....interesting story/fact about the Don Carlton/Mopar Missile Pro Stocker. You have to remember that Chrysler once owned NASA, and as they went defunt, Chrysler had some extra "employees" that they didn't want to just let go, so they asked Carlton if he would like some extra help. Carton said yes, being only having a limited crew,thinking he was getting some flunkies to help with the mundane tasks. But what he got were real "rocket scientists" from NASA. These guys immediatly (in 1972) installed the first telemetry devise measuring wheel spin/shift points/ect with a 8 track data recorder in the trunk that they would down load after each run. Of course, they loved Carton because he was a machine. Many said Ronnie Sox was faster at shifting...but Carton would hit his RPM/ shift point EVERYTIME...without fail.

so maybe there is a little rocket science to it.......

just a little history lesson from your ol' buddy, HemiDenny

speaking of rocket science (you brought it up)....interesting story/fact about the Don Carlton/Mopar Missile Pro Stocker. You have to remember that Chrysler once owned NASA, and as they went defunt, Chrysler had some extra "employees" that they didn't want to just let go, so they asked Carlton if he would like some extra help. Carton said yes, being only having a limited crew,thinking he was getting some flunkies to help with the mundane tasks. But what he got were real "rocket scientists" from NASA. These guys immediatly (in 1972) installed the first telemetry devise measuring wheel spin/shift points/ect with a 8 track data recorder in the trunk that they would down load after each run. Of course, they loved Carton because he was a machine. Many said Ronnie Sox was faster at shifting...but Carton would hit his RPM/ shift point EVERYTIME...without fail.

so maybe there is a little rocket science to it.......

just a little history lesson from your ol' buddy, HemiDenny

lol.. thats a cool story...

RMS.....dont mess around with the front end....real important to be able to steer out of a disaster.....my two cents :burnout:

Mop

You have to remember that Chrysler once owned NASA,

Huh??? Chrysler may have provided parts as a contractor, but I don't think a private corporation owned a government agency. Now they may have bought a few congressmen but they've always been for sale.

A direct result of the Sputnik crisis, NASA began operations on October 1, 1958, absorbing into itself the earlier National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics intact: its 8,000 employees, an annual budget of $100 million, three major research laboratories-Langley Aeronautical Laboratory, Ames Aeronautical Laboratory, and Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory-and two smaller test facilities. It quickly incorporated other organizations into the new agency, notably the space science group of the Naval Research Laboratory in Maryland, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory managed by the California Institute of Technology for the Army, and the Army Ballistic Missile Agency in Huntsville, Alabama, where Wernher von Braun's team of engineers were engaged in the development of large rockets. Eventually NASA created other Centers and today it has ten located around the country.

Rednesss....you might be correct...perhaps Chrysler didn't own it, but were a major contractor building the rockets motors for our space program and missles..... I remember seeing the light blue Chrysler Penastar logo on a booster at then (early 70's) Cape Kennedy

Sorry...memory of Chrysler involvement a little fuzzy ....I have a vague memory of Chrysler having to sell their "stake" in NASA when they got into financial trouble in the early to mid 70's...............

but the story regarding Carlton still stands as true, it's not a 40 year old memory....I read it within the last few years

Hey everyone,
Was just curious if anyone had any good or bad input on these front K-members and such? They look like they are of great quality but I have never heard of anyone using them, or even talking about them. Anyone with real world experience?
Just curious...
http://www.freakride.com/2011_mopar_suspension.pdf
I have one in my car. Al is very helpful if you call him. I just got my Keisler auto trans so I'm working on getting motor and trans back in. On the road soon.

I have a Control Freaks front end under my 68 Cuda and I love it. It's well made, not square boxy looking, Al is very nice and helpful. Control Freaks does not own this site so they get bad feedback here.

Control Freaks does not own this site so they get bad feedback here.

no, they get bad feedback here because many know they just copied an alter-k-tion in round tube. i remember the guy bragging about it over on moparts..

Control Freaks does not own this site so they get bad feedback here.

that is one of the most idiotic things i have seen posted here yet. the owner of this site doesn't make or sell any front end parts let alone a complete suspension system. so what the hell are you babbling about?

no, they get bad feedback here because many know they just copied an alter-k-tion in round tube. i remember the guy bragging about it over on moparts..

that is one of the most idiotic things i have seen posted here yet. the owner of this site doesn't make or sell any front end parts let alone a complete suspension system. so what the hell are you babbling about?

:dontknow:

-
Back