Control Freaks Front Suspension?

-
are these the ones that cloned the RMS kit? I remember hearing someone did but can't remember who.:angry7:

I went with the alterK..no price on the control freak add page?? whats up with that??

p1010012.jpg

Yep, looks like a rip-off of Bill's product.
I wonder what Mr. Norms endorsment will cost?

"These systems were exclusive to his famed Hemi Dart program, but now are being made available to the Mopar world."

You dont say. :salute:

Nor enough info on the system to make a determination on its value or use. I have full confidence in the alter-K and will use it in my build.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the alterK under my Duster, but realistically costs several times more than I paid for the car. I'm not sure how I could justify it, but it's an impressive piece.
Out of curiosity I've been looking around at other options available and came across this. With the big name on it though I can't see it being less expensive than RMS.
-Jon

I called them up today to ask about it. The tech guy I spoke with said they run around $4000 with a manual rack, motor mounts, and sway bar. Wilwoods for another $700 to fit the "modified" mustang II spindles.
-Jon

JUNK.....dont waste your time or money.

AlterKtion is thge only beefy set up that can withstand the rigors of street use.

The other is pretty...are you building a trailer queen that drives on grass or tarps and no more than 1 mile per push...er drive?

Bill Reilly.

He told me you could strap another cuda on the back of yours with his front end and never have a problem.

Course he had never had a formal education in the world of automotive engineering...but then what does that matter?

Go with what is PROVEN

In the past 3 weeks I've sent two emails over to Bill @ RMS without a response. Does anyone know if he's out of town or something? I've never heard anything negative about their customer service.
-Jon

In the past 3 weeks I've sent two emails over to Bill @ RMS without a response. Does anyone know if he's out of town or something? I've never heard anything negative about their customer service.
-Jon

How bout a phone call??

JUNK.....dont waste your time or money.

AlterKtion is thge only beefy set up that can withstand the rigors of street use.

The other is pretty...are you building a trailer queen that drives on grass or tarps and no more than 1 mile per push...er drive?

Bill Reilly.

He told me you could strap another cuda on the back of yours with his front end and never have a problem.

Course he had never had a formal education in the world of automotive engineering...but then what does that matter?

Go with what is PROVEN

can you please explain why they are junk????

personal experience ? or the almighty heresay?

I don't own either....although i would like to buy one....if they are putting them on the front of a hemi powerd dart....i would not call them junk...if they copied RMS, then that is between them and RMS......

The control freak is made by blue moon motorsport down in fl. Ive installed a few of them at my work for allusa motorsports. They have been tested and they are as strong if not stronger than alter. Soon I will be installing a control freak in my 73 dart and putting allusa stroker 426 in it.

-Jon

their customer service is second to none. give them a call. 570-443-7440

Personal I would use Bill and RMS. He is a fellow Mopar man with a moapr company. Just my two cents.
Matt

Personal I would use Bill and RMS. He is a fellow Mopar man with a moapr company. Just my two cents.
Matt

plus he is the one that designed the thing. he is constantly tweaking it and making it better and stronger and better fitting. you get a control freak you get an older maybe weaker version of the alter-k.

I have the AlterKtion and before I bought it I researched the way they were all constructed.

Bills is beefier by far due to larger diameter SQUARE stock being used.

Like I said the other is pretty but that tubular steel and many weld joints seemed to me to invite trouble....Personal preference I guess.

By what you want and enjoy what you have.

Hey peoples.
Just to add my 2 cents worth but I do not think the Control Freak set up is the knock off talked about on some other page. I think that one is in fact this http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/cf.html
by CF suspension. The control freak one is sold on the MR Norms site also. I am not saying anything about it, just that its not the cheap knock of of the Alterkation, as they sell that one at this hotrod USA as well as the CF one which looks identical. I have read somewhere that the bolt holes do not even line up. Personally, I like the MR Norms one and will probably get it, as well as there 4 link rear end. Just not sure whether to go with the parallel 4 link with the pan hard rod or the triangulated.

Wow, this is old. I have nothing against RMS, CF, or anybody else for that matter. I haven't used them and don't plan to. I will say though that it's interesting "if" somebody does a knock-off of Bill's product, there are border-line hate comments toward that person/company. However, when a member creates a beautiful, blatant and confessed knock-off of a product, he gets kudos for it. For the record, I'm not slamming anybody for copying or not copying, nor am I trying to start a debate about it, but it is interesting to me that there seems to be a double standard.

Hey peoples.
Just to add my 2 cents worth but I do not think the Control Freak set up is the knock off talked about on some other page. I think that one is in fact this http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/cf.html
by CF suspension. The control freak one is sold on the MR Norms site also. I am not saying anything about it, just that its not the cheap knock of of the Alterkation, as they sell that one at this hotrod USA as well as the CF one which looks identical. I have read somewhere that the bolt holes do not even line up. Personally, I like the MR Norms one and will probably get it, as well as there 4 link rear end. Just not sure whether to go with the parallel 4 link with the pan hard rod or the triangulated.

control freak is no doubt a knock off of the alter-k. they reversed engineered it using round tube is all. infact there was a pretty big thread (it ended up getting deleted) on moparts at the time by the guy that bought the alter-k and was giving it to his buddy to copy. he was bragging about it.

now that link you posted is weird. that pic is right off the RMS site i believe. not sure what the deal is with that. i'm thinking they are a dealer for RMS or something. they are pics off of the RMS site and in the first paragraph they call it an alter-k-tion..

http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/cf_ifs.html
The Alterktion is a complete system designed to bolt into your car with the original K-frame mounting points and bolts.

Wow, this is old. I have nothing against RMS, CF, or anybody else for that matter. I haven't used them and don't plan to. I will say though that it's interesting "if" somebody does a knock-off of Bill's product, there are border-line hate comments toward that person/company. However, when a member creates a beautiful, blatant and confessed knock-off of a product, he gets kudos for it. For the record, I'm not slamming anybody for copying or not copying, nor am I trying to start a debate about it, but it is interesting to me that there seems to be a double standard.

i have a problem with anyone who directly copies someones design. i think its bullshit. its different if they build their own and get it to work or provide their own vision to it but to just buy someones product just to steal someone elses R&D is just wrong if you ask me.

For what it is worth I read in a review on one of Mr. Norms clones some where and they said the front end felt like it was "flexing", what ever the hell that is supposed to mean, while driving on your typical road....

-
Back