Converter. Trans brake questions.

-
Flyfish is spot on.

MY 3500 bumps into gear at 800 rpm and can't twists and pushes past 1200. You really want the vert to flash and not already be heavily loaded.

So are you saying I should launch at idle?

I'm gonna put off buying the TB but do a full rebuild on the 904. This way I can do some test launches in the parking lot and see what the converter does.

904 Rebuild Kit-Race 62-71 | Cope Racing | Cope Racing

Then decide what valve body I want. I'm either gonna go full manual reverse or FMR and TB.

The FMR will save me almost 500 bucks. That's 2 new quarter panels. VS the TB that I'll use once or twice a year.

I pulled up to the shop this AM thinking I'd clean pops heads and check them for cracks just to ketch my buddy out front trying to 60" his bronco.. hes having fuel issues and his converter wont flash.

I'm not saying I've got him running scared but he is definitely taking this race seriously.

Now hes gonna change his intake from the super victor to a more low RPM friendly one and swap his cam out.

:rofl:

This guy builds race engines for a living, he DOSE NOT WANT TO LOOSE...

Last edited:
So are you saying I should launch at idle?

At least at high idle where the engine is cleaned up. You'll have to play with that. you want the convertor to flash and not be totally loaded when launching. for me that's maybe 1000-1200RPm. Beyond that it loads and pushes and the RT and ET suffers.

Called CRT. ordered his race high pressure RMVB. (NO TB Saved me 800 bucks.) I did buy everything else he wanted to sell me. Full race rebuild kit. Billet servo, 5.0 band apply lever, high friction bands, sprague rebuild kit, and all the rest.

No price given, but If you have to ask you cant afford it right?

That with my custom converter from ultimate and I think I should have no more trans isues.

He did say hes a member here?

This is going down.

@j par

Heres a quote from my engine builder.

I'm already in his head.

Bull ****, I bought that Bronco for $500 and an engine I built from spare parts that I bought off eBay. You have yearssssssssss of prep into your car. It's won awards... car shows... I mean can you imagine how disappointing that's going to be for you... You're already over there looking for reassurance from the rest of your dodge fluffers on your forum . Hoping they'll give you a glimmer of hope and tell it's going to be ok while I don't even think about it all day. I've already won.

Honestly I think that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my car.

Called CRT. ordered his race high pressure RMVB. (NO TB Saved me 800 bucks.) I did buy everything else he wanted to sell me. Full race rebuild kit. Billet servo, 5.0 band apply lever, high friction bands, sprague rebuild kit, and all the rest.

No price given, but If you have to ask you cant afford it right?

That with my custom converter from ultimate and I think I should have no more trans isues.

He did say hes a member here?
He may have given you a name discount. lol

This is going down.

@j par

Heres a quote from my engine builder.

I'm already in his head.

Bull ****, I bought that Bronco for $500 and an engine I built from spare parts that I bought off eBay. You have yearssssssssss of prep into your car. It's won awards... car shows... I mean can you imagine how disappointing that's going to be for you... You're already over there looking for reassurance from the rest of your dodge fluffers on your forum . Hoping they'll give you a glimmer of hope and tell it's going to be ok while I don't even think about it all day. I've already won.
Well I've never been called the Dodge fluffer but on another thread I was just called a stupid ***! LOL
Man you're deep into this guy's head! Remember strongly like the idea of some test hits with your new stuff but please do not give him the satisfaction of seeing you run up and down in front of your shop doing it. Get well practiced up with it and catch his *** by surprise ! A sneaky little 150 shot may serve you well in the end no pun intended. And don't say a word about that to nobody. And remember any time you test and tuning always test and tune on quarter miles and let off after the 8 Mile. Like The The Godfather--. "don't let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking!"..

That way you can read your 8 Mile your 60 foot and nobody will see it. All they'll see is your weak quarter mile...

I go to the track sometimes with my friend who is one of Portland's most well known Street racers. he's always kind and lets me leave first and only Beats Me by about a half a car length. Of course he catches me by a little before the 8th mile and then just kind of holds it there in front of me til we pass through the lines..

I've got 2 kits on the shelf. Not gonna lie, I have thought about setting them up when he's not around.

Not to sure how to set up NO2 on o twin carb, not to mention that my engine is.not ring gapped for it.

The only place I can test is in front of the concrete plant. It's about an 1/8 before I have to let off.

I've got 2 kits on the shelf. Not gonna lie, I have thought about setting them up when he's not around.

Not to sure how to set up NO2 on o twin carb, not to mention that my engine is.not ring gapped for it.
I think I'm around 11 to 1 and I'm willing to give it a shot! pun intended LOL total seal rings..
That's why I said 150 shot just something small. Not get all carried away LOL. They make dual quad nitrous kits. If you don't think I've spent plenty of time on Summit drulling over them you're sadly mistaken LOL

20181124_102027_zpsciz2stvh.jpg

@j par

I was not calling you a fluffier. I just wanted you to see the post.

Honestly if I loose, no big deal but if i win? I keep telling him he needs to sell his shop and work at Mickey Ds.

In truth he's a good friend. But I'm gonna win if I can.

@j par

Honestly if I loose, no big deal but if i win? I keep telling him he needs to sell his shop and work at Mickey Ds.
Oh no I understood it perfectly. He was saying that everyone on the Forum was a bunch of Dodge fluffers so I figured that included me...
when you drop the hammer down on the last yellow light and you're gone, and he's standing there waiting for the green light! He's going to know right then he ef'ed up!

Unless he's been to the track plenty of times and knows how to leave at a light that'll be three quarters of the battle...

@j par

In truth he's a good friend. But I'm gonna win if I can.

Friends are the most fun to beat. Followed closely by the guy who has the 9 second (insert Camaro, Nova or whatever) who has only seen a drag strip on TV but has friends who have and told him how fast his car is.

Win, lose or draw have fun and be safe.

....... Followed closely by the guy who has the 9 second (insert Camaro, Nova or whatever) who has only seen a drag strip on TV but has friends who have and told him how fast his car is.......
I've met that guy a few times...:-D

Unless he's been to the track plenty of times and knows how to leave at a light that'll be three quarters of the battle...

So true. Driving up to the line. Nerves galore. NO clue what to do or how the lights come on and fall. Hardest part of drag racing is approaching and leaving the starting line. THe rest is mostly being along for the ride. I mean you have to look back and dial in. Half of that is having a consistant car though.

You either need a top shot, twin base plates or MPI.

A 150shot doesn't need anything special. You don't even need to change the timing if you run race fuel with it.

LOL I have a friend who got the family fortune stuck up his *** and you know bought the house in the neighborhood he doesn't belong in and the cars he doesn't deserve whatsoever. Again long time high school friend and he had a 2010 special edition Corvette. Of course this was back when my duster had its 318 in it and he said all the time he would meet me at the track anytime and blow my crap away. Well the day finally came and of course I left the light like a person who's been there before and of course he left the light squealing tires and missing gears and of course had way way more power than I did and caught me and passed me just before the finish line LOL of course the best he could muster in that badass Corvette was a 14-2 LOL and also of course when I showed him Time Slips of the 13-7 I was doing after a little more tuning and practice he never came back to the track.
Well now I just spoke a little too fast I just remembered a couple years ago he bought a fully cage fully done El Camino with a modern LS1 with nitrous blah blah blah. Of course it had the fully tuned 4-link suspension also blah blah blah LOL...
He comes over one day with his store bought car gleaming showing me his single time slip LOL that revealed a terrible reaction time and a piss-poor 60-foot Time for what he has and pointed out that the real thing is the mile an hour at the end of the track!? I laugh and I go pull off my garage wall of this huge monster stack of Time Slips walkover to his El Camino where he's gleaming over his one-time slip and show him my stack as you can see his shoulders dropped and then I show him the same 119 mile an hour time slip that my old beater did LOL he certainly got drained of all his enthusiasm at that moment...

You either need a top shot, twin base plates or MPI.

A 150shot doesn't need anything special. You don't even need to change the timing if you run race fuel with it.
One day! One day! Dual quad nitrous! Dual quad nitrous! Just a little 75 shot to each carb...

-
Back