Convertible Courtesy Light/Bulbs

-

TheMopars

Reaction score
Recently pick up a 69 Barracuda convertible and while I figure out the long term
plan I figured I'd tackle a couple of little things to get going. I'm starting with
interior lighting (the rear floor courtesy lights) and I'm stumped how to access the
bulbs, feel like I'll break something before getting it open. Any tips? On to LED's in
the dash in the meantime.... thanks!

IMG_6171.jpeg

courtesy, convertible.jpg.jpeg

I used a colored LED on mine to both keep the light cooler and to enhance the visual effect of the lighting.

Superbrite LED's has nice products. I also added a matching, flexible LED strip under the dash to increase light output in the footwell area.

I used a colored LED on mine to both keep the light cooler and to enhance the visual effect of the lighting.

Superbrite LED's has nice products. I also added a matching, flexible LED strip under the dash to increase light output in the footwell area.

I like the under dash idea. I added 4 footwell led strips ( 2 under the dash/2 under the back of front seats) to my 2010 Challenger and tapped into the wiring for the overhead lighting in the A pillar so they came on/off with the doors and had the delay off function.

How about some more pics? Pretty rare to see a white ‘69 Barracuda, let alone a white convertible.

The PO did the 340 'Cuda treatment. I was going to remove when I bought it but it's been growing on me. I'll probably black out the front/rear valance like the factory did and fix the call out to make it look right

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

Last edited:
Holy cow that's a beautiful car. I had the same bulb issue....spray with PB Blaster and let sit overnight. It does come out.

Holy cow that's a beautiful car. I had the same bulb issue....spray with PB Blaster and let sit overnight. It does come out.

Definitely a driver and overall a pretty solid car. Some little small issues to address and then I think I'll move on to some updates to the suspension and brakes. The rear leafs are pretty tired. It'll need a respray to look as nice in person as it does in photos.

I was noticing that now that I was able to get these courtesy lights opened up, pretty tight fit even for an incandescent bulb and not enough room for an LED. Thanks for the idea!

I will have to pop one out, and post a picture of which LED bulb I used.

-
Back