JeffisOld

Old, Ugly and generally Disagreeable!
Reaction score
OK, not a Mopar historian,
What is this made from?

KN18-Weekend-Rewind-34-of-87.jpg

GuysGuys, I just like the work.

I forget how many folks are purists.

I guess I am committing blasphemy by Resto-Rodding a GT Dart.

No some of us love restomods. I did it to my original 69 Swinger. Its your car do whatever you think is cool and that you like. When a woman does a restomod to herself the guys go crazy.

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’ll be committing blasphemy as well according to some on here. Heck, I might even use a GM paint color. Or worse yet, a Kia color!! :eek: Lol

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’ll be committing blasphemy as well according to some on here. Heck, I might even use a GM paint color. Or worse yet, a Kia color!! :eek: Lol

You're contemplating that Copper/bronze colir aren't you?

Me too!

You're contemplating that Copper/bronze colir aren't you?

Me too!
The colors I’m debating about is Stone Blue Metallic
ABEAC75E-5BFC-46E2-9B53-6F99CC4BC1FA.jpeg

GM Red Quartz Tintcoat
557055EF-7C90-4273-B7F9-2EE524B9DBAF.jpeg

Kia Alien 2
978C32A3-FB00-47F0-9122-7A7486032EBB.jpeg

Chrysler Crystal Blue Pearlcoat
EEA2115E-B398-487E-B0D8-30D02EAE542B.jpeg

Currently I’m leaning toward the dark blue or red.

I am scared to shoot a metallic or pearl so I am afraid a solid base/clear is in my future!

I'm a chicken ****!

I am scared to shoot a metallic or pearl so I am afraid a solid base/clear is in my future!

I'm a chicken ****!
I know a few guys who do paint work so I’ll take some bids on what it’ll cost to spray it. If too much, I’ll try it myself and pray it turns out. Lol

Hey I'm doing what I want to my 67 GT, don't care what people think. I like that design, classic and modern.

My 65 is too far away from being restored,to build a driver it needs to have a few changes.
I dont have an unlimited budget, and perfect isnt one of my strong points.
I like restomods,rat rods and customs.

I certainly appreciate high quality restorations, but to drive it on the street so some a-hole can run into it isnt for me either.

My neighbour has his original ‘69.
Pulled the 340 and is running a built 360.so he can whoop on it and keep the 340 in good shape.
He’s a perfectionist,and im suprised he did it.
Original,i mean he bought it new, knows how the dent in the rear bumper got there. 30 years later, he’s still pissed off about it, but its just a little one.

its not about being a purist. i love custom stuff and the workmanship behind it when its looks good. that charger is ugly as hell. the stock hideaways are so much nicer looking then that challenger grille too.. in a lot of cases just because you can doesn't mean you should.. :)

now these two i think are sweet.. custom, restomod or whatever you call them.. much better looking then that charger in my opinion..

SEMA_Show_2014_2.jpg

1972-amc-javelin-amx-by-ringbrothers-2017-sema-show_100630885_h.jpg

Some are!, but not all. I don't mind people doing what they want or what they think looks good. I have to agree though that I'm not a fan of what they did to that poor Charger though. I think the body looks good. I kind of don't even mind the front air dam, though I wouldn't do it. I think it would have been much meaner to do a custom hide-away headlights setup, rather than making what looks like a modern Challenger grill fit

I also don't care for people cutting the bumpers down and shaving off all the drip rails and trim. I understand they are looking for a clean look, but that's how all new cars are. I guess I don't understand removing all the classic styling cues or uniqueness (is that a word?) that I appreciated in these old classics. I understand tweaking them to get rid of awkward gaps caused by high production runs, but I just don't like shaving off all the pieces that made them unique.

Just my opinion though!! Obviously a LOT of work went into that Charger, and I appreciate them doing it. Just not my style though. Love the Torino and Javelin!! I see they shaved the bumpers down, but appreciate that they kept the stock door handles and other parts! I've seen that Javelin on one of the shows I watch.

its not about being a purist. i love custom stuff and the workmanship behind it when its looks good. that charger is ugly as hell. the stock hideaways are so much nicer looking then that challenger grille too.. in a lot of cases just because you can doesn't mean you should.. :)

I think it looks a whole lot better than an original 66-67 charger !

-
Back