Coolant Temp and fuel gauge pigtails

-

TheDuke

Reaction score
short and sweet, I’m looking for those pigtail connectors that attach to a 72 Duster fuel tank and a 383 mopar temp sender. It’s been a pain in the butt to find these. Every similar pigtail (GM) is too small. Could I just put an eyelet on the wire and sandwich it between two nuts on the pole??

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope...

Could I just put an eyelet on the wire and sandwich it between two nuts on the pole??

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope...

Heck yes you can.
Lots of cars senders were done this way.

These Chryslers senders have #10 studs. #8 terminal would be a forced fit. The coil has nutted terminals on studs. That would work at these senders too.
I asked around and found a member with several rally inst' panels. The noise suppression capacitor on that inst' panel has a 90 degree X #10 terminal. The wire is only a couple inches long, is steel instead of copper, it isn't fully weather booted like OEM had at these senders but... it fits. A e-body inst' panel has several of these #10 terminals but that doesn't make them any easier to find. For example only... DASH GAUGE VOLTAGE LIMITER HARNESS 70-74 CUDA CHALLENGER ORIGINAL MOPAR E-BODY | eBay

-
Back