Coolest Car You've Ever Driven.

-
Driven: 1966 427 4spd Corvette Coupe.

Rode in: 1966 427 AC Cobra (all original S/C car), 535 HP, dual quads, 2,200 lbs., as fast as anything I could have imagined.

68 Hemi Roadrunner 4-speed...dual quads of course
Panatera 135 mph in 3 rd gear and I still had 4th and 5th.
68 Corvette 427 4 speed got it sideways at 100+ and scared the **** out of me!
My 69 Road Runner @ 120+ on bias ply tires......stupid kid

These were all years ago. I grew up and bought another Dart when I turned 50.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

which was the ST? got any pictures of it?

KZ1000ST was also known as the KZ1000E - shaft drive bike. Here's a pic of how it currently looks.

P7200492_edited (Small).JPG

1993 Viper R/T 10 about 10 years ago. I'm hoping my 383 dart will be close to as fast as that thing- It was a blast to drive!

Coolest cars I've ever driven...

My brother-in-laws 70 Hemi Charger R/T SE 4spd, Hemi Orange, real deal.
My brothers 43K surviver 69 1/2 A12 440+6 Superbee 4spd., and both of his, (Yep you read it right, he owned TWO) 69 M-Code 440 notchback Barracudas.
Neither own any of these cars anymore. :-(

Coolest cars I've ever owned and driven...

69 1/2 A12 440+6 Road Runner 4 spd.
69 Charger R/T 440 Auto.
71 Charger Superbee 383 Auto.
69 H-Code 383 Dart GTS

Man the list could go on and on! LOL

Quite an impressive list. They all came from Marshalltown I guess. A hot car town. toolman

73 Plymouth Satelite B5 blue with a white vinyl top and a 318. But I was 14 and this was in 1976. First car I ever drove, therefore the coolest! Later learned to drive a stick in the 79 dodge colt that they traded the satelite in for. Then I bought my first car, a 68 Fury Wagon. I guess I have been a Mopar guy for a while. My parents first new car was a 65 Valiant.

My 2001 Chrysler Prowler "Mulholland Edition"
More smiles to the mile! :-D

DSC_0018.jpg

Well, it's not a car but the coolest thing I've driven or in this case flown, is a Cessna 172 Sky Hawk.
IMAGE078.jpg

Picture_084.jpg

944 turbo 130 mph downtown orlando fa and I 4/, 930 turbo , 66corvair was sent up for daytona. 70 corvett 350 4speed this car only had a alt.25000.oe.miles my brother had a 68 charger383 we jumped it atleasest 10 foot if not farther. riped the oil pan off when we hit.chistmas eve. going to get milk. als

Driven: My best friends 69 Notchback Barracuda w/ 440, 4-speed, & Dana 60. It would roast its 12" wide tires in all 4 gears.
Worked on: 2001 Viper

My best friend got to drive an all original 70 Superbird after he did an oil change for the owner. It was a 440, pistol grip 4-speed, Dana 60 Bird that was white w/ black interior. The gentleman that owned it was the founder of our local MOPAR club that we were both members of at the time.

toolmanmike...actually the only one that came from Marshalltown in the list was the 69 1/2 RR I owned. Traded the 71 383 Super Bee I had at the time for it. The PO had just moved to M'town from Washington State. This was back in 87-88ish.

My dads 55 chevy 2dr hard top 4spd 327 dual quads sticking out the hood...I was the coolest kid in school back in 93, until I got out of the car.....He stilll has the car...

Well, it's not a car but the coolest thing I've driven or in this case flown, is a Cessna 172 Sky Hawk.
IMAGE078.jpg

Picture_084.jpg

I flew one for about 30 minutes one time. Belonged to a MD customer of mine who wanted to show his appreciation for the job Pop and I did on his Lincoln. Talk about a rush!

The coolest cars I`ve ever driven:

1) My uncle`s 71 Jaguar E-type V12...........SMOOTH
2) My dad`s 72 Mercedes 450SEL........2 speeding tickets
3) The first car I`d ever driven, a 65 Barracuda, 4 spd., I was 11 or 12 at the time and boy was that COOL!

My 68 383 4 speed GTS and my brothers 70 T/A 340+6 4 speed car is also way cool to drive.

my boss had a 450sel was a real fast ride had hyd. supension his wife benz was a 5speed car.drove lots of 928s,boxers,911-6. did a wheel alignment on a GT40 ford. als

in the mid 80's i got to drive a 68 Hemi Cuda, thru the pits at Etown. it was an old superstock drag car.

having driven cars for the Mecum auction the past 2 years i have driven some very cool cars, but that was all at 25 mph or less. Boss 429 Mustang, Hemi RT convertible sold for $385,000, LS6 Chevelle, 62 Fuel Injected Corvette, 63 Max wedge of Reggie Jackson's collection, Hemi Cuda's, 440 6 paks, race cars, 51 Bus converted to motorhome I drove across the carpet in Indy last year, 71 383 4 speed Cuda Convertible. So many cool cars

It would be hard to pick one car

My brothers 69 GTS Dart 383 was my 1st FAST car that I thought was really cool

Buddy had a 70 Superbird that I worked on trying to find the knock in the engine (wristpin)

my 71 Cuda Convertible 383 auto

Buddies SRT HURST Challenger with stage 4 package would probably be the ULTIMATE cool car for me

BlkHurst.jpg

My Prowler is real SPECIAL TOO

ShellCat.jpg

The car I have wanted since 1972 is a 61/62 Corvette. I test drove a red on red 61 4 speed vette a few years ago. i should have bought it, to have been my dream car for so many years, it was a good buy and I waited 2 days to long to call to make the deal.

OH, another dream car I got to drive. In 1971 the guy down the street had a car delivered on a trailer. It was a rainy day and here was this 67 GTO with the wildest paint job I had ever seen up close. I was out riding my 60cc CHIBI motorcycle. I didn't know if it was a race car or what i just thought it was the coolest car ever. It was a show car and Jerry & Barb had just bought it. It won 1st place in the Nation in 1973 and then again in 79 or 80.

A few years back (maybe 2005) they made it so they could drive it on the street. Everything on this was either custom painted or chrome plated, even the brake drums. He turned the chrome off the drums, changed the brake lines and made it safe to drive. I have drooled over this car since 1971 and always wanted to buy it. he had 5 cars at a local car show and I had been working at the house and cheaned up and Sue & I drove her car to the show just to look at the cars. Talking to Barb she said, "How are we going to get all the cars home?" they had 5 cars at the show and 3 drivers. I told her, "I'll drive one" Knowing how much i loved the car she said "You can drive the Goat home."

That day i got to drive the "Golden Goat" 389 tripower, custom paint, chromed out the as*, custom Interior. It had never been aligned after being taken apart and rebuilt in 1970 so it was not the best driving car, but still VERY COOL to drive one of my dream cars.

BlkHurst.jpg

ShellCat.jpg

Coolest car I've ever driven? My 1st '68 Cuda. Do I ever miss that car. My current ride will be close as soon as I get the drivetrain updated.

Coolest car I ever got near to? A real Ford GT40. Was at a local Winnipeg car show a few years back. Saw this orange GT40 and I thought it would be a clone. Car was barely roped off and unattended. I leaned over, saw the 351C, noted the low mileage on the odometer and then I noticed the brag board. Turns out it was a real GT40 with about 300 miles on the clock. Story was a local guy who made a small fortune on the internet when that was still possible saw it on Barrett-Jackson where it failed to sell for around $300K. He decided he wanted it, hunted it down and proceeded to drive it all that summer. Definately top points for balls!

-
Back