Cordless drill/driver/impact for dummies!

-
I have the RIDGID brand kit with a hammer drill, 1/4 impact driver that I ad a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter and a 1/2” impact wrench. Came with two batteries and is covered by a lifetime service agreement, batteries included. I have rebuilt my whole front suspension and rear with these 3 tools in tow, they work great and they’re much cheaper than Milwaukee. I’d like Milwaukee but I’m on a budget and for what I do 1200 lb ft is a bit overkill. I think its AEG in Europe and TTI has the RIDGID name contracted out to them under license, which also makes the Milwaukee tools for I believe Stanley.

I just picked this kit up. Been looking for a while and this was the tool I wanted. Went on sale do I jumped on it. Milwaukee M18 FUEL 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Impact Wrench with Friction Ring Kit with One 5.0Ah Batteries-2767-21 - The Home Depot

The maint dept at work uses the same one and it kicks ***. 1400 ft pound removal and 1100 ft pound tightening tq. Guys at work love it.

I already have the same brand drill, screw gun, zawsaw and circ saw so I have a few batteries and two chargers now so it’s convienent.

Ended upp with this litle kit
KOMBOKIT BOSCH PROFESSIONAL GSR 18V-21/GDX 18V-180 2X4,0AH - Skruvdragare - Elverktyg - Maskiner

Not overly powerfull but i believe it will do most things i will use it for. Seems quite nice to have one tool that will do both ½"drive sockets and bits in the same machine without adaptors,with 2 fairly big batteries and a charger and a drill aswell, after alot of thinking i figured 130Ft pounds will be enough for most stuff and avoiding to break things and the drill has 40ft pounds should be enough,and if it isnt i have nice 3 fot long breaker bar (can add a 10fot steelpipe if i nead to go full retard) and 190lbs worth of idiot available to enforce my will.

You will like the Bosch, I have that same drill and no issues with it. I bought the matching jigsaw separately. Smaller batteries with mine tho.
I still have to decide on an impact.
Congrats!

I have to go with the PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 20V Max Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit that I found for a fantastic price. It's not easy to get a cordless model that can be light and has excellent battery life simultaneously—impressive stuff by Porter. I changed my Makita as it was starting to struggle with the amount of work I was putting it through! I'm getting a ton of orders as the summer is coming slowly in the north part of Jersey and people are eager to fix their homes. Without a decent impact driver, you can't go a long way. If you are looking for a good review of the best models, make sure to check Best Impact Driver 2021 | Power Drill Guru.

Last edited:
My wife bought me a 1/2" dewalt drill about 10 years ago, its a beast, in fact I used it today, it just keeps going.

For an impact I bought a Milwaukee 18V Fuel with 1400 lbs of break away torque, it is awesome, will break lug nuts loose on my 1 ton truck with no sweat, I fact I bought it after having a flat on my camping trailer.
Never again will I ever change a tire in the rain, using hand tools. I keep the Milwaukee behind the seat of my truck.

I recently bought a Milwaukee circular saw, just because it is easier than dragging the power cord out around my property, kinda disappointed, its ok to cut a 2 x 4 but for anything much bigger....

-
Back