• the 69/70 road wheel with trim ring

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I have a 68 dodge coronet wagon and I am thinking about the wheel options.

I am thinking either

1. the 68 deluxe wheel covers,

2. the optional wheel cover which is what the Bullit charger had in the movie.

3. Or the road wheel......the road wheel I have pictured is actually a 69/70 wheel with the trim ring, a correct 68 road wheel would have the chrome.

these three options are what I have in hand.......what do you guys think?

picture the car with the old tattered woodgrain gone and shiny new paint lol

Attachments

• 68_Coronet0014.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 491
  • CIMG5162.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 502
  • CIMG5161.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 471
I freaking love wagons!

Post a bunch of pictures of it so we can make a decision!

I like the 68 Deluxe. You don't see them often.

If you're loosing the woodgrain! Road wheels are my vote! You have some cool wagons lil' lady!

To many road wheels out there. go with either wheel cover. I just pulled off a set of road wheels and went with 15'' deluxe wheel covers

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 422
I had some problems on my daily driver when I had full hubcaps on it. The caps would spin on the rim and would eventually pinch the valve so bad, it would tear at the base and leak. :violent1:

So I replaced them with dog dish style that only cover the center and not the valve anymore... :cheers:

Now for you little lady: Why is there an upside down buffer and a hubcap sitting on the hood without any covering under them??? Do you not care enough about your wagon enough to protect the paint??? :geek: :geek: :geek: (yes, I gave you a geek for that....)

Shame, shame, shame.... [-X [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(

I had some problems on my daily driver when I had full hubcaps on it. The caps would spin on the rim and would eventually pinch the valve so bad, it would tear at the base and leak. :violent1:

So I replaced them with dog dish style that only cover the center and not the valve anymore... :cheers:

Now for you little lady: Why is there an upside down buffer and a hubcap sitting on the hood without any covering under them??? Do you not care enough about your wagon enough to protect the paint??? :geek: :geek: :geek: (yes, I gave you a geek for that....)

Shame, shame, shame.... [-X [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(

no, I don't care about the original paint because its junk ....the car is in the shop fixin to get a new coat of paint now .lol

I think I am changing the color but I don't know what color I want ......that's a whole novel on what's going through my brain regarding color selection.

If you're loosing the woodgrain! Road wheels are my vote! You have some cool wagons lil' lady!

thanks....kinda weird I ended up with two wagons and they are both 68 and kinda weird they are the cousin cars to each other......one dodge coronet and the other a Plymouth satellite........both 68!!! I didn't even plan it that way ....just what was available when I was ready to buy lol

no, I don't care about the original paint because its junk ....the car is in the shop fixin to get a new coat of paint now .lol

I think I am changing the color but I don't know what color I want ......that's a whole novel on what's going through my brain regarding color selection.

I remember the paint thread,voted on the road wheels/trim rings.. The 69 R.R. I had,looked solo good with them.

I remember the paint thread,voted on the road wheels/trim rings.. The 69 R.R. I had,looked solo good with them.

that was a awhile back and like everything else, this car was put on the back burner for awhile.

Last month I scored some seats and had them shipped in from right here on our very own FABO :D

woke up in the mood to sand......don't know why ....just got tired of mechanic work and felt like doing body work again.

got the quarter almost all sanded down and found some rust and crust in the corner ....which is actually the worst spot on the whole car. dang rust :protest:

Attachments

• CIMG5163.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 402
  • CIMG5165.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 371
  • CIMG5166.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 399
beach_005.jpg

beach_007.jpg

got the quarter almost all sanded down and found some rust and crust in the corner ....which is actually the worst spot on the whole car. dang rust :protest:

Oh poor, poor, pitiful you... Work on an eastern car and THEN you'll understand what rust is!!! :violent1: :D lol

Road wheels. Those full wheel covers are just plain ugly. Steelies and dog dishes are nice.

-
Back