Cost of living

-
No offence to Dan the man, but speak for yourself as im not suffering and neither is a lot of people
Hobby car? Money to dump into a hobby car? That aint suffering
While there is no doubt prices of just about everything have gone up the thing is if you cant make it now you weren't in great shape before this economy got hit
I see jobs available everywhere I look from entry level to experienced trades people, companies begging for workers
My old boss, his dispatcher, I still see them often, been telling me all summer up until today, they have work for all the trucks and can only put out half of them, cant find drivers
So while sure gas is averaging 3.50 a gallon here, supplies and goods prices have risen, we still have plenty of work so if money is tight do what I did for 40 plus years.......get a second job
Hard to Do if You Medically CANNOT Work.... **** man, Your BUSINESS IS SCREWED then..

Guys, I didn't mean for this to make us turn on one another. I'm not perfect and I'll be the first to admit it. I've learned a lot of things from this forum and I hope to be able to continue to do so.
Do me a favour.....You want to quote me, no problem.
But dont be using me as a example for this bullshit comment about making us turn on one another.....Their not my friends, I could die in my sleep tonight they wouldn't give a rats ***
And you want to know why Dan the man?

Kitty and I needed another anyway when @Princess Valiant sent me a message about Vixen in north Georgia. Call it hobby if you will, but Vixen serves as an extra daily driver for us. She gets driven rain, shine, summer and winter. We cannot afford a new car payment and new car insurance and registration, so Vixen fits the bill. She just so happens to be something that we both enjoy. I sure hope no one is insinuating people on fixed incomes can't have hobbies.

Kitty and I needed another anyway when @Princess Valiant sent me a message about Vixen in north Georgia. Call it hobby if you will, but Vixen serves as an extra daily driver for us. She gets driven rain, shine, summer and winter. We cannot afford a new car payment and new car insurance and registration, so Vixen fits the bill. She just so happens to be something that we both enjoy. I sure hope no one is insinuating people on fixed incomes can't have hobbies.
Vixen is an inspiration for me. I always drove the 300 dollar commuters. Even though some guzzled gas and did 300 foot burnouts.

Vixen is an inspiration for me. I always drove the 300 dollar commuters. Even though some guzzled gas and did 300 foot burnouts.
Thanks. She's one of those projects that so far, everything has turned out golden on. I'm hoping the recent body work will be the same.

I can't believe the people who say that I'm going on vacation no matter how much it costs me to go
Three years of lockdowns kept us from our western dream trip here in Canada when we retired. Finally, things open up but fuel is expensive.........We better not go until prices come down..........Ooops, I've got Cancer.......I guess we will never see the mountains, but I'm sure that the kids will enjoy the extra $1500 bucks we saved on fuel! (Fictional story, but you get the drift).......We went, and had an awesome time :thumbsup:

20220813_150447.jpg

The last vacation we went on was in 1995 when we were finally able to take a quick honeymoon after being married in 1994. That's it.

Three years of lockdowns kept us from our western dream trip here in Canada when we retired. Finally, things open up but fuel is expensive.........We better not go until prices come down..........Ooops, I've got Cancer.......I guess we will never see the mountains, but I'm sure that the kids will enjoy the extra $1500 bucks we saved on fuel! (Fictional story, but you get the drift).......We went, and had an awesome time :thumbsup:

View attachment 1716002910
Good looking couple. Should have hung a left around Cardston.

Good looking couple. Should have hung a left around Cardston.
Thanks! BTW....The pic was actually in Hyder Alaska, just across the border from Stewart British Columbia. On a funny note, we got a big hassle from the Canadian border officials coming back into Canada. They were pissed that we didn't have the ArriveCan (sp) app. on our ancient phone. I got nervous when the rubber glove came out!

Thanks! BTW....The pic was actually in Hyder Alaska, just across the border from Stewart British Columbia. On a funny note, we got a big hassle from the Canadian border officials coming back into Canada. They were pissed that we didn't have the ArriveCan (sp) app. on our ancient phone. I got nervous when the rubber glove came out!
:elmer::rofl:

Omg I love you guys! Your so old! I was born in 1994!? But if it make you feel better I've never Ben on vacation ever so we're even hahah actually I've Ben on 1 flight and it was from fairbanks to anchorage but I also started takeing care of my parents at 16 and at that time I had 1 chance to get a muscle car so I worked 3 jobs and painted a quadplex and gave 7.5 grand to my dad's buddy and bought a 71 demon with a worn out 225 and a rough a833 so I rebuilt the tranny myself, with cheap junk, and I bought the passion performance overdrive 18 spline kit !! and I'm almost done with an aluminum headed 451 weiand dual quad with two super rare 750 cfm 4150 6709 holleys. And yes it's the last Alaskan 71 dodge demon registered to drive and it has zero rust! Super score!

Hmmm... I dono I thought 94 was but I could be wrong.. Hey the best part is I'm living proof that we're not all so bad, I mean I have a cool car, and my band opened for tesla! the band not the car company or the ac guru lol

290593189_438586911457528_1501186037894871666_n.jpg

you know I bet our members in Canada are laughing their asses off when we in the US complain about the price of gas...

Hey that why God made young guys! To help the old guys, then we learn stuff lift stuff. but most importantly to hold a flashlight right.. haha
Hmmm... I dono I thought 94 was but I could be wrong.. Hey the best part is I'm living proof that we're not all so bad, I mean I have a cool car, and my band opened for tesla! the band not the car company or the ac guru lol

View attachment 1716002918
That’s super cool. Good pull into the conversation.

Ya.. gas.. high or low I will have a big block. Even if I just look at it and start it up every now and then for the grins

We don't need OPEC !!! If we produced our own oil, we would set the market. as we already did at one point.
Totally Agree. We were energy independent a few years ago.
All you have to do is look at the last time we were energy independent, see what changed and you got the answer
You mean like in 2019 and 2020?
Oh, if it were only that simple.
It is. When domestic oil production is squashed and pipelines shut down, oil prices will increase. Simple economics.

View attachment 1716002910
Awesome scenery, thanks for sharing it

View attachment 1716002918
My band Was played on the Premiere Tampa Bay FM rock station, we opened for a BUNCH of Signed Bands and did the Tampa Bay Metal Awards, and Metal Fest 3. I Forged Ahead and played with Nasty Savage and Monstrosity afterwards.....Cursed by Many, Feared by All

Wtf do I know. I’m old. Lol.
With age comes knowledge and experience. I was taught to respect my elders, but I believe in respecting everybody. As my dad would say, we learn by keeping our eyes and ears open and our mouths shut.

-
Back