Cost of living

-
I wasn't speaking of myself but rather the people who have a family, mortgage, car, truck payments. Myself, I don't have a mortgage as our 15 year old home has been paid for for 11 years now. Second job would have been out of the question as I was already working 60 -70 hours a week. We have 2 late model vehicle's that are paid for. I know that all of the overtime that I worked during my 27 year career has paid off nicely. You sound like you planned ahead and that's good. But I think that there are folks who are feeling the pinch, the one's that have 2-3 kids as I said earlier. I've been known to help others people that I've never seen before and probably will never again.
Do you have a hobby old classic car that in reality serves no purpose other than giving you enjoyment or are you looking to buy one?????
Either way If the answer is yes, explain to me the point of your entire thread other than to just complain

Who did you direct this comment to? I'm on a fixed income too. I held the record at work for the most overtime hours worked in a year. I also worked a complete month without a day off working 10 hour shifts, I worked 3 weeks straight 7 days a week 12 hour shifts. So I think that I can say that I too busted my *** and it's paid off nicely
not towards you......BTW your preaching to the choir but im happy it worked out for you

Do you have a hobby old classic car that in reality serves no purpose other than giving you enjoyment or are you looking to buy one?????
Either way If the answer is yes, explain to me the point of your entire thread other than to just complain
I wasn't co
I wasn't complaining. I was simply making a statement about how the high cost of living has / is affecting others. Do you ever think about anyone other than yourself

I wasn't co

I wasn't complaining. I was simply making a statement about how the high cost of living has / is affecting others. Do you ever think about anyone other than yourself
Sound exactly like you were complaining and your intentions were even questioned by the moderator

but at the same time if people would cut back on their driving, making unnecessary trips the price of gas would come down, if people aren't buying it the supply that the oil companies have will go up and they will drop the price in order to get rid of their inventory.

or you can just buy an electric vehicle..:)

i'll still go on vacation with my class c motorhome that gets 9mpg. if i have to stop spending elsewhere so be it but i'm going on vacation and drinking gas while at it.

Sound exactly like you were complaining and your intentions were even questioned by the moderator
There's nothing to question. Intentions of what? Simply saying how expensive things are. Can't anything be brought up without someone getting their feathers in a uproar? I took a common sense test and was graded as having 4 to 5 times more common sense than most. Maybe it's that I was over his head on the issue.

I'm glad that things worked out for you too. Hopefully the economy will straighten out
I know plenty of people who just get by and they were struggling before this economy got to the point it is now.
Of course now its worse for them......Many of them just had lousy luck, could have been a divorce, most times it was a illness or a on job injury, something that kept them out of working.....Those are the kinds of people I feel for and when I can help I do
My wife was 59 years old and a few years away from getting a half way decent retirement when she got sick diagnosed with Stage 4.....She was forced to retire and what she got form a pension was next to nothing
If it wasnt for her secondary insurance and SSDI which she received, I can assure anyone id not have a restored classic car in my garage but I wouldn't be collecting soda cans for the deposit either

Im on a fixed income, not that its your business and its not my fault you pissed your life away while I busted my ***

Sorry dude, it’s not me that I’m talking about. It’s my parents and my in-laws and other folks who worked for a living who this impacts like a ****.

Again, your arrogance is astounding that YOU think anyone who is getting hurt by this pissed away anything.

You should stop posting nonsense and just forget you know anything. You don’t know a damned thing about these people and yet YOU criticize them.

Shame on you. What a fool you are.

There's nothing to question. Intentions of what? Simply saying how expensive things are. Can't anything be brought up without someone getting their feathers in a uproar? I took a common sense test and was graded as having 4 to 5 times more common sense than most. Maybe it's that I was over his head on the issue.
Over "his" head ? Id caution you on pissing on his leg with that comment.

The US should be driving what the rest of the world is not 5 and 6k lbs vehicles, 30 - 40 mpg is normal everywhere else but the wife needs to drive a 6500 lbs Suburban all by her lonesome, it's just stupid, there's no reason the U.S. shouldn't pay the same price for fuel as Europe.

I know plenty of people who just get by and they were struggling before this economy got to the point it is now.
Of course now its worse for them......Many of them just had lousy luck, could have been a divorce, most times it was a illness or a on job injury, something that kept them out of working.....Those are the kinds of people I feel for and when I can help I do
My wife was 59 years old and a few years away from getting a half way decent retirement when she got sick diagnosed with Stage 4.....She was forced to retire and what she got form a pension was next to nothing
If it wasnt for her secondary insurance and SSDI which she received, I can assure anyone id not have a restored classic car in my garage but I wouldn't be collecting soda cans for the deposit either
I'm glad that things worked out
Over "his" head ? Id caution you on pissing on his leg with that comment.
I just get tired of being accused of complaining when I was only trying to have a conversation about the economy

I can attest first hand that it's killin those on a fixed income.

The US should be driving what the rest of the world is not 5 and 6k lbs vehicles, 30 - 40 mpg is normal everywhere else but the wife needs to drive a 6500 lbs Suburban all by her lonesome, it's just stupid, there's no reason the U.S. shouldn't pay the same price for fuel as Europe.
You must have plenty of money

Wrong answer. Most of us left Europe because of its *** backwards thinking. I dont want to live like that. If you like that kind of thing, you are free to go there. That’s much better than dragging this country back to the Stone Age.

And FWIW, oil is abundant. There are now more known reserves than they ever thought. So we aren’t running out of oil.

Its about control. It has nothing to do with “natural resources” running out.

Peak oil was proven a lie decades ago.

Wrong answer. Most of us left Europe because of its *** backwards thinking. I dont want to live like that. If you like that kind of thing, you are free to go there. That’s much better than dragging this country back to the Stone Age.

And FWIW, oil is abundant. There are now more known reserves than they ever thought. So we aren’t running out of oil.

You are correct. I agree with you 1000%

Doesn‘t matter to Steve Welder. Anyone struggling is a loser who “pissed away” what they had.

‘That is a disgusting position to hold.
I get it all the time from the "get up and go to work" crowd......mainly online. People who know me personally know how bad my health is. I just take it with a grain of sand and hit the ignore button.

Doesn‘t matter to Steve Welder. Anyone struggling is a loser who “pissed away” what they had.

‘That is a disgusting position to hold.
Of course never said anyone who is struggling is a "loser".
You really do what you do best and thats lie through your teeth. You start **** with me constantly and now that I hit a nerve your *** hurt
Ive helped many people in many ways who are down on their luck or struggling and they are not losers, you on the other hand.......

I get it all the time from the "get up and go to work" crowd......mainly online. People who know me personally know how bad my health is. I just take it with a grain of sand and hit the ignore button.
Hate to hear that your health is not good

My dad always said… nothing wrong with a fixed income if it’s fixed right. I know it’s not a concession, but true.

You really do what you do best and thats lie through your teeth. You start **** with me constantly and now that I hit a nerve your *** hurt
Ive helped many people in many ways who are down on their luck or struggling and they are not losers, you on the other hand.......
Guys, I didn't mean for this to make us turn on one another. I'm not perfect and I'll be the first to admit it. I've learned a lot of things from this forum and I hope to be able to continue to do so.

That’s what YOU said. Go back and read your own post.

What makes me sick is your condescending arrogance.

Claiming you “help” others means nothing to me other than you think you are the only one doing it.

Your words were “pissed away” and I called you on it.

Own it big boy. That’s exactly what you said.

Guys, I didn't mean for this to make us turn on one another. I'm not perfect and I'll be the first to admit it. I've learned a lot of things from this forum and I hope to be able to continue to do so.

Don’t apologize. He needs to accept responsibility for what he says.

The funny thing is he called me a loser!

-
Back