cost of mp 340 short block

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
has anyone here in canada ordered a 340 short block from summit, listed at 5200 us, and what it actually cost in the long run? or would it be cheaper from a canadian mopar dealer?

It would be cheaper to find a 340 or 360 block and purchase a complete bottom end assembly...stock or stroked.JMO

yea, i have a 360 roller block in garage, but by time i have a rebuild done it would be probably at least 10gs in my part of the country, unless i put it together myself, which is probably the better option. just exploring possibilities!

Purchase your he book(s)"How to Rebuild my small block MoPar" &/or How to Hotrod my small block MoPar." The books will show you how to do the job. I built my first engine from the How to book with great success.

Tell the machinist what you want from the engine. Basic rebuild technics can go far performance wise. The cost of machine work is half the price of the rebuild when you factor in the time and cost of the machinist screwing the engine together. You will save a lot of money and enjoy putting it together. You will have a sense of pride and full knowledge of how it went and what is in it.

Call Mike at Mrl or Brian at IMM my stroker was 8k with extra porting and some extra parts , I had a trucker that hauls from Cali to Victoria pick it up and deliver it here for a couple of hundred ,both will build you a stout motor carb to pan for around 6-7k if you don't need 500+HP &TQ
Mine cost because I needed more than 500 eh lol

-
Back