Cost to build a 500 stroker?

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
I am planning on building a 500 stroker to put in my barracuda. It would be about 50/50 street and strip. I was thinking a mild cam, aluminum heads, ignition, motor mounts..... How much is it going to cost me to get the engine in the car and running? The only thing i have is the block.

cheapest 4k, 6k with quality parts. 9k high end with porting and custom machine work. i ended up 9k. this always starts out basic and balloons from there. lol

bad500004.jpg

garage 001 (Medium).jpg

Copy (2) of coronet in garage 013.jpg

Budget $10,000 if all you have is a bare block. The major parts such as heads, intake, carb, cam, valvetain, rotating assembly, etc will cost about $5000 for parts. Then you need all kinds of little parts such as gaskets, bearings, rings, headers, plugs, water pump, starter, distributor, etc.

The last 505 was close to $9200 with a 6bbl. It can be done for less, but to get the thing completed turn key, will be much more than $4-6K. My lower ends typically run about $4K with machining. Nev er mind the rest of the package to get it moving the car.

i should probably count up my reciepts but why ruin a good day lol. 4k was just the long block with the cheapest 440 source kit and ebay used heads.1500 for stroker kit and 1k for heads and 1k for machining and 500 for a cam kit.assuming you have everything in a decent 440 to start with.

-
Back