Could anyone recommend me Electronic Distributor Conversion Kits for 1963 225 valiant?

-
The Flamethower III and coil are basically HEI but can all be hidden without seeing GM!

I agree!! But the tech is the same and even looks so when the cap is off.

Multi Spark High Energy with adjustable RPM limit that can only really be noticed by stern observers!

... What is the difference between the different Pertronix products and what do you guys recommend. ... MSD blaster coil...
Pertronix website explains them all. I wouldn't buy an original Ignitor, since outdated. You need the PN on the side of your distributor to enter on their website. If they sell an Ignitor III for your points slant, I would get that, but Ignitor II will give you the majority of benefits and ~$40 cheaper. On my 1964 slant, I used a GM 8-pin HEI module & coil on a later e-distributor, but mainly so I can do computer-controlled spark advance. That is more effort and more under-hood components.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have decided to go with the Petronix Ignitor II and Flamethrower II. Will I need to bypass the ballast resistor or how can you tell?

Follow the instructions!

Happy Moparing!

You should need the FlameThrower coil #45011 with the Igniter II and remove or jumper the ballast. I was corn-fused as heck when I changed over to the FlameThrower coil and emailed them to make sure. The 45011 is only .6 ohms and won't create heat like the OEM.

I recently did a Pertronix conversion using the ballast to maintain appearance. Personally I think I'd prefer the factory conversions. I've doen them too. Regardless you should put a performance curve in whatever you choose, and I modified the plate to allow more initial.

I recently did a Pertronix conversion using the ballast to maintain appearance. Personally I think I'd prefer the factory conversions. I've doen them too. Regardless you should put a performance curve in whatever you choose, and I modified the plate to allow more initial.

I ran the Mopar conversion with Orange, Chrome and Gold, never mind Mallory and MSD. My Petronix III as per the diections is superior. I kept the ballast and factory wiring, but opened and installed a solid 12awg in place of the wire wound resistor in the repo factory ballast. All hidden and nicely appearing IMO.

Wish me luck....I'll be going at it this weekend...
20170504_190544.jpg

All I can say is holy crap! What a difference....all this time I thought I had carb problems because I had some really bad hesitation and couldn't floor it without my car backfiring and almost dying....that is now all gone...best $156 I have spent!

I got out there today and got on it....wow. huge difference and still not even completely dialed in either...I had to do a lot of readjusting with the carb....undoing what I had done to try and fix it. And I need to adjust my throttle linkage because when I put it to the floor I am not getting full throw of the throttle.....couldn't do it before so didnt know it was an issue....I'll just have to do some research to figure it out

Last edited:
All I can say is holy crap! What a difference....all this time I thought I had carb problems because I had some really bad hesitation and couldn't floor it without my car backfiring and almost dying....that is now all gone...best $156 I have spent!

I got out there today and got on it....wow. huge difference and still not even completely dialed it either...I had to do a lot of readjusting with the carb....undoing what I had done to try and fix it. And I need to adjust my throttle linkage because when I put it to the floor I an not getting full throw of the throttle.....couldn't do it before so didnt know it was an issue....I'll just have to do some research to figure it out

:lol:

I also used your trick for the ballast resistor....came out nice...still looks stock, but much better!

I also used your trick for the ballast resistor....came out nice...still looks stock, but much better!

Cool!

You would have got the same or more as Dan suggested but I love how easy the Pertonix is and more importantly the fact you can not see it and no wiring mods! I hid the two wires from the dizzy with heat shrink that makes it look as a single wire.

Cool!

You would have got the same or more as Dan suggested but I love how easy the Pertonix is and more importantly the fact you can not see it and no wiring mods! I hid the two wires from the dizzy with heat shrink that makes it look as a single wire.

It was really easy...I spent more time today fixing all the adjustments I made to my carb and adjusting timing then I did actually installing the coil and Petronix Ignitor II

By the way my Chrysler Gold box never let me down and was the best ignition I had used regardless of street use they do not recommend! It just did not fit with my factory resto look I wanted. The Pertonix III fit that void, and very well!

-
Back