Could Chrysler Be Killed This Friday?

-
As stated previously, let's hop in our DeLorian...

Mid 90's, Chrysler is hot as hell. Got the new rams flying off the shelves, got neons moving out like nobodies business, Got viper, got Plymouth hitting the low, Chrysler hitting the high, and dodge hitting the pipe. ******* TONS of money in the bank.

And the Krauts came marching in. They smelled the big pile of cash, and the raping commenced.

It was, literally, Chrysler success that brought the pillaging hordes.

So stow the talk about poor management and how the company was always sick. They got raped to death. First by the Germans, then the Italians. The Japanese are probably getting sloppy thirds.

Yup. They wanted Jeep technology, Freightliner, and the mounds of cash Chrysler had.

Almost immediately after the sell off the new little Mercedes SUV came out, almost identical to the Cherokee and the idiots shot themselves in the foot by only putting Benz engines in Freightliner. Freightliner sales tanked because of it when a year before it was Chrysler's most profitable division.

Well, the news is in. Chrysler, Dodge, & Fiat not dead, just wounded. Jeep, Ram, Maserati, & Alpha Romeo are the desired focus by FCA, getting 75% of the funding. So all is well for a few more years.

Just saw the video of the last Demon going down the line , sure hope it comes back as a package .The last one is being hand painted Viper Red and going to BJ along with a 2017 Viper to be auctioned off to benefit the United Way .

The future? Our car will drive themselves, our skills as driver will not be needed,......JUST our bank account!??? LOL Such BS in this world today.. OK so I am old and synical ( sinical? senical??) ( And I cannot friggin spell chit even) LOL
But my 18 yr old grandson is going to college, get a big degree, and buy granddad a new Challenger with a modern Hemi!!!!! Yea right

The future? Our car will drive themselves, our skills as driver will not be needed,......JUST our bank account!??? LOL Such BS in this world today.. OK so I am old and synical ( sinical? senical??) ( And I cannot friggin spell chit even) LOL
But my 18 yr old grandson is going to college, get a big degree, and buy granddad a new Challenger with a modern Hemi!!!!! Yea right

I'm there with ya. Every day I get more like that Gran Torino guy, "Get off my lawn!"

Cynical

Yup. They wanted Jeep technology, Freightliner, and the mounds of cash Chrysler had.

Almost immediately after the sell off the new little Mercedes SUV came out, almost identical to the Cherokee and the idiots shot themselves in the foot by only putting Benz engines in Freightliner. Freightliner sales tanked because of it when a year before it was Chrysler's most profitable division.
Like the dog who caught the car, what does he do with it now? Daimler took technology and couldn't make it work. Not sayin' all Mercs are ****, but, just sayin'.

The Germans came to cowboy country and tried to make robot soldiers out of them.

That doesn’t work and I’m sure every last cowboy told them so with a middle finger upright and erect!
We are Americans that like to keep our identity. For better or worse. Change doesn’t come easy. We can change, but not overnight. Nobody likes that, I don’t care who you are or where you’re from.

I don’t know how the Italians do things, but they should have taken an excellent lesson from the German fiasco!

Perhaps, this guy might actually know what he’s doing. I don’t know.

I don’t see how killing the Challenger or the Hell Cat/Demon would help. It may not be a large market, but it is another offering of something many people still like. I see Dodge Challenges everywhere!
The biggest challenge for that car is keeping the styling fresh and desirable. I don’t know how far you can push the old classic lines, but! You have to hit a homerun on the next design/change from where it stands now or it’s dead.

-
Back