Could Chrysler Be Killed This Friday?

-
News stated last few days that basically US car makers to discontinue small cars,.... trucks and SUV make them their $$, heard today Toyota to build new plants, increase production. OK so the US does not want to make "cheap" cars!!!!!!

Not enough profit in it for those SOB's. LOl, such BS in this world today and most days.

"...the lineup consists of just two models today: the ancient 300 sedan and the still fresh Pacifica minivan. With so few products, axing Chrysler is easier than ever...." And he'll pull FIAT out of USA again.....

Sadly run company. Killed Plymouth in 2001 and kept upscale Chrysler and sporty Dodge. Over time Chryslers have dulled to become Plymouth-looking, the once classy 300 is now so plain, it sucks. Dodge Charger came back in 2006 and was a bright spot. Then Challenger came back in 2008, but it's bigger than the Charger. How stupid. A once great company that gave us great designs - Dart, Barracuda, Road Runner, Charger, etc., couldn't get it's act together. Now it's too late. Buying trends now are toward SUVs and trucks. If Ford is killing most of it's cars, then it was only time before lowly Chrysler would follow.

How is a new Challenger bigger than a new Charger when it has a shorter wheelbase and weighs less ?

Believe me I still work at a Chrysler dealer and this company has been running on a shoe string for years. You can thank that Daimler merge for this mess. That was the stupidest thing ever! Our owner has had a backup plan just in case. Getting parts in next to impossible and the hoops we have to jump through to get an OK from Ma Mopar to even put a part on is unreal. I was with AMC until the end (well almost, I saw the writing on the wall) and this is deja vu. Sad for sure. Will they last? I'm surprised we've made it this far. But I'm to old to move on again so I guess just ride the storm out.

Of course when I get the chance to own a 392 charger as a company car they go under.

The Ram 1500 and the Jeeps are the only thing keeping us alive. Dodge, here and there. The "Chrysler" name is already dead. The only thing new with that name is the Pacifica and they are not flying out of this place.

How is a new Challenger bigger than a new Charger when it has a shorter wheelbase and weighs less ?
I do not know the specs BUT the Challenger looks awful big and heavy next to the Charger.

Yes the trend is toward SUV and truck, but let gas keep going up and get into another financial cool down, and it can change quickly.

Bargain price I saw yesterday for new Cummins crew cab 1 T. was $56000. That is cash price with every discount know to man! Ha and Wow!

I do not know the specs BUT the Challenger looks awful big and heavy next to the Charger.

Yes the trend is toward SUV and truck, but let gas keep going up and get into another financial cool down, and it can change quickly.

Bargain price I saw yesterday for new Cummins crew cab 1 T. was $56000. That is cash price with every discount know to man! Ha and Wow!
My thought also 10 years ago people were giving away trucks and suv. Americans did not learn last time and will pay for it again one day.

Challenger bigger then the Charger, come on man!

Of course when I get the chance to own a 392 charger as a company car they go under.
Dodge, Ram and Jeep will still be produced. It’s just Chrysler. That said, it’ll suck when the 300 is gone, the current 300 is the nicest 300 ever built.

-
Back