Couple W series engines being worked on

-
Many years ago on one of my small blocks ( don't remember which one I have had 7 ) While it was on the dyno we did a manifold test : I had a gasket matched Strip Dominator we switched to an out of the box Victor and it picked up 13 h.p. using one of my 750 hp double pumpers. ( picture is my current W2 head 410 on the dyno a few mounts ago )

View attachment 1716177354
Was that intake ever port matched or just ran OOTB?

When i saw your title, I thought you meant the Chevy 348-409.
No Chevy here. It’s all SBM in my garage

IMG_0330.png

Yes I agree. We have 3 aluminum blocks. This is the small one at 414” and the big one is 477”. It also has W8 heads.
1 block is a spare in case something happens.
Who makes the aluminum blocks? Pics?

Kent Ritter has aluminum or iron small block race blocks.

That’s major eye candy
If you’re interested I’d let them go for what I have in them. Their kinsler throttle bodies I bought to do efi on my tunnel ram. I backed out of that idea and bought apd carbs instead. Otherwise I’ll use them on something someday. I would like to try MFI alky myself. How do you like it?

If you’re interested I’d let them go for what I have in them. Their kinsler throttle bodies I bought to do efi on my tunnel ram. I backed out of that idea and bought apd carbs instead. Otherwise I’ll use them on something someday. I would like to try MFI alky myself. How do you like it?
It would be nice to buy but I have the toilet set up already.

I won’t go back to a carb. I have no issues with the MFI. I have the primer plus system on my car so starting is easy.

Yes I agree. We have 3 aluminum blocks. This is the small one at 414” and the big one is 477”. It also has W8 heads.
1 block is a spare in case something happens.
What are the specs on the 477?
I have two new A blocks on the shelf, w W8 Chapmans, 4.25" stroke, not sure they will ever get built, everything so bespoke to the build.
Considered doing a Ritter Alum block, that seems to be its own minefield.

I don’t remember all specs , would have to look them up.
Solid Aluminum block
Diamond pistons around 15.5:1
GRP aluminum rods
Nickens sheet metal tunnel ram
CFE W8’s
can’t remember cam specs but I think 850-870 range

Slowly getting some things done on the R3. Filed the rings this morning so if everything goes according to the plan, the pistons will be in the block this afternoon.

Nothing to update on the aluminum block. It’s next in line after the R3 is done.

IMG_0555.jpeg

-
Back