Cracked UCA mounts

-
Glad I stumbled upon this thread I'll have to take a look at my Duster in those spots. Never had a problem with alignment slipping but considering I like to do hard cornering in my car I might reinforce them anyway.

you're missing my point, and maybe that's my fault. For instance, if you have big tires, and a poor alignment, that has to put unusual stresses on these components.
Case in point: My son and I replaced the ball joints and bushings on my son's 00 Dakota R/T @ 80k miles. Those things have unusually large tires, oem. We rough aligned it, pretty well, and he drove it a mile and a half to Les Schwab Tires for an alignment. By the time he drove it back from the alignment shop, the setting had slipped, due to improper tightening of the bolts. He took it back, same result. We had to take it to a frame shop, by that time the lower pivot bolt hole had elongated and needed to be welded up. The factory didn't mess that up, it wasn't wear and tear, it wasn't our work. It was poor alignment/service and those damn huge-*** tires that put a huge strain on these components.

How's about you clean out your PM box, so I's can PM you

Glad I stumbled upon this thread I'll have to take a look at my Duster in those spots. Never had a problem with alignment slipping but considering I like to do hard cornering in my car I might reinforce them anyway.
I’m definitely gonna have to check mine as well! I have my Duster on blocks right now to get ready to install my QA1 UCA’s. I know my alignment slipped so I’m gonna look these mounts over real well.

Mine checked out good on all the tabs!

05F41341-FB82-45C9-B50D-3B2AF703BF77.jpeg

-
Back