Crackhead CL ad.

-
Well Hemi, Thats what they sell for. It fact, thats a cheap one. My friend just sold one on Epay for $380 and $25 extra for shipping. I've seen them go over $400. I believe the part number was CA332 or CA322. Been discontinued for many years.

I completely agree about the stupidity. It isn't a NOS Mopar part, its a Fram.

Brad is correct-These are not 318 2bbl air filters.And again-if this is new,he is well below average prices.

I had one of these original hemi filters in the OEM box and the tag for a 66-67 hemi and sold it on ebay for 375$,as this is a filter with the round holes,the first production type,so don,t gripe,if you had one and only had 10-20 bucks in it and sold for close to 400US,would you give back 300 dollars,No,you would cash the cheque asap,mrmopartech

Brad is correct-These are not 318 2bbl air filters.And again-if this is new,he is well below average prices.

Xs3 ....it costs big money if you want to match the big boys. six pack and HEMI stuff is serious equipment with serious price tags

The Fram # is CA332 with the diamond shaped openings. I'll be hating life when the time comes to replace my filter :protest:

The Fram # is CA332 with the diamond shaped openings. I'll be hating life when the time comes to replace my filter :protest:

I believe the CA332 is the # when they reproduced a batch several years ago, and i don't think the holes are diamond shaped, but round like originals.

Attachments

• SCAN0055.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 265
  • SCAN0068.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 270
For $300, I could make a filter using $1 bills for the filter media. Screw that!

never in my whole entire life would i buy a filter at that ridiculous price. and what "big boys" are we tryin to match? the b&e body guys? give me a friggin brake.

I believe the CA332 is the # when they reproduced a batch several years ago, and i don't think the holes are diamond shaped, but round like originals.

Here is a pic of my old Fram CA332 with the box. I "think" I purchased a new one around 2007 or so while my car was being built. I shoved the old filter in the box and still have it doh', so I'm not sure if Fram made the filters with round holes (original) & then the diamond shaped openings :dontknow:

View attachment P1090074.JPG

If you're not hell-bent on a whether or not it looks like a stock piece, it looks like K&N makes a filter for this application for $80. K&N E-1980

Thanks for this post 73Scamp.......When the time comes to replace mine, I sure as hell won't be paying $300 for an air filter :disgust: I'll paint the K&N orange LOL

Yes, I think the old version has the round holes because they were less likely to cursh. It's from the 80s I think. They started updating and the wire mesh is what was cheaper. The round holes looks much more "correct".

It costs money now days to play with big boy toys. I think that filter is under market also based off what the normal selling price is.

I guess so... But it is still a ridiculous example of price gouging. Think about what you are really buying. The same thing I can get for 1/10th thecost just a different shape. Insane.

-
Back