Crager SS wheels?/ for 70-340 Duster..

-

pdust70

70 Duster, Caretaker
Reaction score
Ok guys, el wizzards of knowledge. In inhearated a 70 340 duster that was my son's. (died of cancer) wanting to finish it to his request. Crager SS wheels.. current tires are P 225-70R 14's. what Crager wheel should i be looking at. second.. suggestions as sight to purchase unless some one has a set that would be good enough for a driver.. thank you.. A dad who wants to finish up his dream... I question if I need 14X 6, or 14x7 wheels, and the correct back space dish... Thank you..

Let me pass along my deepest condolences to you and your family for the loss of your son. You will find the wheels you are looking for here as they pop up often. You can also find them on Newstalgiawheel.com Just remember hat if it hasn't been converted, the car will have a 4 inch bolt patten, so be sure to get the correct wheels.

Best wishes to you and your family.

The attached photo is one of my 70 duster back in 1979.
It's too long ago to remember the specific backspace measurments, sorry.
The fronts are 14x6 and the rears 14x8 (REVERSE offset). the offset placed them out far enough that they would rub the fenderwells. I don't know the metric equivelant but the tires were a G50. A slightly narrower tire or maybe some fenderwell massaging would maybe have cleared.
A few years later I had a 71 Duster with 14x8 (STANDARD offset) and I had the opposite issue with a wide tire rubbing the leaf spring. A 1/4 in spacer was needed but tires would still rub during hard cornering, which I seemed to do alot.:-$
I never had any 7" to try.

my 70 duster.jpg

Sorry about the loss of your son. Im sure he would be thankful his wish is coming true. Try looking on this site under wheel and tire combo. It will be there I am sure.

First let me say how sorry I am about your sons passing. My condolences to you and your family,
I run Cragars 14x6 on the front and 14x7 reversed on the back with never a problem on my 70 Duster and also on my 71. I did have to put a .125 spaceron the front on my 71. Wheel hit very slightly on single piston caliper.

I've got Cragar SS wheels on my '73 Duster, 15x6 up front, 15x8 in rear. BFGoodrich Radial T/A's on them P215/65's up front, P255/75's in the rear. Slight rub on the fronts, I'd reccomend slightly smaller. But they look nice and feel nice.

Thank all, I'll figure out how to post a picture some day of his car. Almost done, it will go to his best friend when finished (and I'm done driving it) as he was always there to help him out.. Getting the front end tightened up this week and then the wheels are next.. I appreciate the help. If he were here he could tell me, so thanks to you all I feel he's still telling me!

Have you found a set of wheels for it? I have a set of 4 that are 14x6. Seems to me they came close to rubbing my brakes when I converted from 9" drum to 4 piston KH disc. I think they also use a thin walled lugnut. The car is a 68 Dart. I also have the four spacers.

Chameleon, thanks for reply,, YES, bought 4 new ones! Shoot would have loved to save a few $ $, but wanted to get it done B 4, Mopar car show in June here in LaCrosse WI.. I know of another dude who perhaps might be looking 4 a set, what would you consider selling yours for?

Well, I had planned on giving them to you if you still needed them and had never really considered selling them. Have your buddy make me an offer and I'm sure we could work something out for him. :)

Sorry for your loss. I see you already purchased wheels. Maybe your friend might be interested in these. Pair of 15x7 and a pair of 15x8 with tires. If interested please email me. [email protected]

tmpphpElgUe8.jpg

Thanks, if i could figure out how to post a picture i would love to show it off, nothing special, but a driver, and one a SPECIAL MAN started, and has me as caretaker now.

Thanks, if i could figure out how to post a picture i would love to show it off, nothing special, but a driver, and one a SPECIAL MAN started, and has me as caretaker now.

It is a very nice car. A good tribute to your son.

vbpgimage.jpg

-
Back