Craigs List can be a good thing!

-
im always checking craigslist,most of the time people need money and need to get rid of stuff,can get good deals

With a little common sense and sleuthing, you can get car parts from out of state too with little risk.
I’ve located hard to find parts out of state, contacted the person, researched them, saw they had good reputations on other MOPAR sites, used Postal Money orders and got my stuff.
And saved money in the process rather than buy from “dealers”.
With goggle street view, you can even see their house.
Again there is a little risk but use common sense.

Here is a good example
All New auto meter gauges 6 (tach) not shown them with wiring and a bracket that I won't use but hey for $150 I will take it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 589
Bad Sport i am sending you my list of tools that i need! HA HA HA! nice score

Sold the old 340 out of my Dart today on CL for $850. Local guy was glad to have it and I was glad to have it gone!!

Great scores!

The bulk of my tools have been found off Craigslist or our local Trading Post. There is just way too much good used stuff available on Craigslist than going out and buying new.

Did I mention my latest CL score?

Attachments

• IMG_20131029_102502.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_20131029_103516.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_20131029_103215.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 453
Cab is rotten to the core, but bed is nearly perfect!

1969 440 and NP833O/D.

15" dual pattern 5x4.5 and 5x5 turbines with good T/A tires on rear

Runs and Drives.

Also came with Little Red Express stack shields.

$800

I have been wanting a better welder, I have been using the Horror Freight welder for a while now and I'm sick of the splatter.

Sooooo, I was looking around and found a Linclon Weld Pak 100 for sale. I really wanted a 220 unit, but this is definitely a step up, way up.

So I call the guy, and come to find out it's practically brand new, still had the box and all of the paperwork, he also had a brand new gas kit for it that he never installed. A Hobart dual sensor self darkening welding hood and a cart. He also had two brand new rolls of wire.

I just need to contact my buddy who owns a shop and get a tank of shielding gas.

Score again! $250.00---

View attachment welder.jpg

The Grandson and I are ready to build. :D

View attachment me and the boy.jpg

It really pays to watch Craig's List.

Wow, score!!!

Lol, I thought so. If I had to buy it all new, it would have been a tad more. 20 bucks a roll for wire, 280 for the machine 150 for the gas kit, 60 for the cart and close to 100 for the hood. About 630.00 for all of it new. And it may as well be new, he never ran a 2 lb. spool of wire through it.

He is downsizing and moving into a condo, so some stuff had to go.

Yup. Late last night I scored a Horrid Freight 20 parts washer/ solvent tank, 100 bucks new, fer 50 bucks, just like new. "He used it once," and it looks it, too

Smokin' deals!
It pays to keep watching, there are bargains out there.

67, now you need to go buy the brush that is hollow. I got one and clamped it on the end of the tube with a piece of hose. Great for brushing parts clean with solvent running over.

I think it can become addicting too. I watch Kijiji regularly!

Sitting here in a turkey daze yesterday I happened across this ad on C's List for Mopar smallblock stuff. So I call the guy this morning and set up a time to go see it.

I ended up with two sets of 915 J heads, power steering pumps, valve covers, intakes, 340 exhaust manifolds and crank (I believe), Thermoquad cores, Edelbrock Torker 340 intake, balancers, pulleys and more.

Oh, and a factory Pistol Grip shifter, mechanism and rods.

Now for the task of identifying it so I can pass some of it along.

I'm ashamed to say what I paid for all of it.

View attachment truck load.jpg

Also in the pile was a 68 302 block that was actually a 289 (that's when they made the switch) heads, bell housing, flywheel and a manual trans.

Now to find a Ferd guy to sell it to.

A few years ago I bought a set of new Eddy heads from a guy on CL for $600! He had them listed for $700, but when I got there & looked at them he only had 1 box for 1 head, so I asked him "How much you want for them?" & he said "Gimme $600 & they're yours." They are Brand New having never been run, just bolted upon the motor. He changed his mind & was going Big Block in his '77 pick-up project & needed the money. I couldn't get them in my car fast enough! I think I fishtailed my Civic around every corner until I got outta town with them. Was about a 2 hour ride but it was worth it!
A year later I kept seeing another guy's ad for an "A body 8 3/4 rear for sale -$300". I called the guy, took an hour & 1/2 ride & grabbed that up too!
About a year ago I bought a set of W2s & MP intake complete for $600! Local!
The deals are there if you are patient & diligently looking.

Selling stuff on the other hand is a Royal P.I.T.A!!

you guys are making my mouth water! LOL
I bought a used twin cyl cast iron compressor off craigslist last summer, I knew of a shop that does nothing but rebuild compressors. dropped it off there, total rebuild was like $80. of course, this is poor *** s w MO> too! LOL

NO WONDER I Can't Find any Deals on Craigs ?
Bad Sport Quit Buyin ALL my Stuff !!!

Keep an eye on ye old CL.

My wife was paying attention this time, lol.

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 236
to me Craigs list takes a lot of searching. not that many parts finds on there around here. why, I really don't know. for tools, I git GOOD farm sales, lot of times a box full for $5-10. but ya never know at a farm sale!!!

finding a decent buy on Craigs. 1 out of 100 posts. maybe 200!? take their price and divide by 4!!!! I have found 2 cars, one priced very fair with knowledge seller. the other, misrepresented, my offer was 1/4 of price. could have been wasted 4 hr trip though too!

My wife has a hard time walking long distances because her hips and legs, sooooo we have been looking for a little mobility scooter so when we go to the larger car shows like Mopars at the Red Barn this Saturday, she can get around and enjoy it.

I was looking on CL again yesterday and happened upon one. We went and looked at it today, and brought it home.

This scooter costs around 1200.00 new, and we got it for 80 bucks. It's a few years old, but it must not have been used more than a handful of times. It is spotless, candy apple red without a scuff on it.

It's like this one, hers is out in the garage charging up.

View attachment 319EYObKseL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Keep watching for those CL steals, lol.

-
Back