Craigslist 72 Dart Swinger, 413 Wedge

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, except where he says "360 truck tranny (a must for this combo)". Last time I checked, a small block 727 won't bolt up to a big block.

Looks great, except where he says "360 truck tranny (a must for this combo)". Last time I checked, a small block 727 won't bolt up to a big block.
i think there was a big block 360 or 361 truck engine at one time but i maybe wrong

Yeah deffinantly industrial bb heads on that jewel. Cant wait to see them make the exhaust minifolds fit an a body.

and yes, those heads are industrial/motor home heads, useless for a car swap, totally differant waterpump assy and all. Pull that mis-matched junk out, and you might have a decent body to build, looks decent otherwise

Like some already mentioned, with those heads what exhaust are you going to use.

I'm sure the guy who built it realized after putting a lot of money into his build now needs custom headers to make this combo work.

I don't think even fender wells will work with this setup.

Heads have to go! Or, they will roll.

The 361 is a B motor, just a smaller 383, came in a lot of early 60s Chryslers

361 is to 383 as 273 is to 318

Like some already mentioned, with those heads what exhaust are you going to use.

I'm sure the guy who built it realized after putting a lot of money into his build now needs custom headers to make this combo work.

I don't think even fender wells will work with this setup.

Heads have to go! Or, they will roll.
he'll have to use the schumaker headers.

what do u mean??????????????? the headers at engine-swaps.com there are the schumaker ones duh

You said in essence that Schumaker makes headers for these and intimated that they make them for use in an A body, bein's that's what we are talkin' about here. I'm not aware that Schu makes anything WHICH FITS THESE HEADS

413_truck_motor.jpg

what do u mean??????????????? the headers at engine-swaps.com there are the schumaker ones duh

Have a look at the heads, they are Chrysler industrial or marine ones, so the Schumacher headers won't fit or work.
The bolt pattern is different out of the ports. A big tipoff is the front of the heads where the BIG cooling passage comes out. :banghead:
Have a look at them and read the previous posts, dude.
DUH!!!!!!!
That's why the guy is trying to unload it, no factory exhaust manifolds or aftermarket headers will fit, unless you go custom made. Big $$$$$$$.
DUH!!!!!!!
And you spelled Schumacher wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back