Craigslist is a JOKE!!

-

DartDude335

Reaction score
So this is the SECOND time Ive had my dart on Craigslist and its the 4th time I have been screwed over ! Guy shows up today to buy it and doesn't have a trailer or a way to get the car out of here FULL knowing that he needed one ..then says its too much of a hassle and backs out of the $1500 deal Im getting tired of this circus ..there for the engine and trans
are getting sold and the body is getting junked!

It's not Cragslist, it's the people.
I find it quite amazing how many absolute morons I encounter off that site, and it's a bit disturbing knowing these same people multiply.

I don't really want to sell my Dart but I have too due to money issues right now ..But still .. don't blow smoke up my a....em ..tailpipe and make dig every part out of the shed and then show up without a trailer expecting me to tow it around

I USED to have good luck ..my hot rod buddy in Cali said he moved from Colorado to Cali because there are not any Craigslist flakes there

I hate it when someone from my own town wants more pictures of something.
Our town is only 3 miles long for cripes sake, so if you are interested get your lazy *** over here and look at it.

I have had great experiences with CL , I bought a crapload of stuff off there.

Attachments

• rb181.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 304
The moved from Colorado to California because of Craigslist?!?! #-o
I should have added that he is a hot rod builder that advertised on craigslist and most if not all the people that replyed to him flaked out...Plus he said it in more of a sarcastic way

I find that most sellers that write a good detailed ad with enough pictures to show the general condition are the ones that I will check out. Sellers with crappy ads and crappy attitudes generally only attract crappy buyers.

So this is the SECOND time Ive had my dart on Craigslist and its the 4th time I have been screwed over ! Guy shows up today to buy it and doesn't have a trailer or a way to get the car out of here FULL knowing that he needed one ..then says its too much of a hassle and backs out of the $1500 deal Im getting tired of this circus ..there for the engine and trans
are getting sold and the body is getting junked!

I am really surprised you are having a tough time selling that ....My cousin saw it in person when he went to your house and he took his own pics of it for me and its a solid Colorado car....plain and simple and its worth 15 big ones because its a solid 72 dart. Geeez these guys act like these cars are falling off trees these days.

I was being sarcastic....I put tons of pictures up listed everything I could think of ..EVEN ordered a couple of parts to be nice

I just saw your ad here and there is nothing to give me the urge to come see it. I far am more attracted to that little car in front of the Dart. It is so cute. What is it?

Yes, you have a nice engine if ... the buyer wants a /6 but you give no details of how or when it was built. Personally, it has no useful value to me since I am a V8 person and would convert the car to a V8 so it would be something to sell off. Only two shots of the driver's side and one of a wheel that looks like it may be on a different car. There is no mention/pictures of a hood, grille, bumpers or interior.

You can only post so many pictures on CL so I would get corner shots from opposite angles, one of the engine and one of the interior. Then I would list all the details of what has been done to the engine and include the information of what all is being sold with the car.

He who sticks his head in a well and whispers doesn't attract the attention of he who climbs the mountain and yells.

The little car is a one off custom built roadster built in 1953 ..Hand made frame and Hand made body ..it was found behind an abandoned hot rod shop 45 years ago

The little car is a one off custom built roadster built in 1953 ..Hand made frame and Hand made body ..it was found behind an abandoned hot rod shop 45 years ago

I have always been attracted to little jewels like that... not that I could ever fit in one since I am right at 6' 4" and not skinny.

to give you an idea of a slant car:

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4606676502.html

this is for sale fairly local-- he has listed it for over 5 weeks -- starting at 3500.

I do not know this car or seller--- do not take offense but putting $$ in a motor & leaving the rest for later is not a good plan-- especially a slant car.

good luck with your situation-- Lawrence

-
Back