craigslist rant

-

zigs

Reaction score
I should know better ,its Craigslist right !? Put my 354 on Craigslist last Thursday , Friday after noon I had two missed calls on my cell. Called the # and it was a blocked number.
Saturday morning 7:30 AM have two missed calls and two voice mail. Same person as the night before but with a good contact number ,so I call ,no answer so I leave voice mail.
11:30 Am I get a call trying to fish cell out of my pocket ,phone goes into v.m. I call the guy. He's interested in the 354 after talking about a half hour he's all on board. He has three brothers and their Dad died and left them a 52 dodge PU they wanted to put a Hemi in it but he would have to talk with his brothers but since he was the leader of the bunch it shouldn't be a problem. He wanted a little time as one of the brothers was in Alaska and hard to get ahold of. That was no problem. I figured Sunday would be a wash and maybe hear from him on Monday. Nothing on Monday so I call him about 6PM just to see how things were lining up, no answer left a vm to call me and let me know how things are going. This is Tuesday evening and nothing yet. Now I've been stiffed on CL before but this kinda jerked me. Its not the idea I lost a sale .Ya I'm disappointed but its the principle.
If you need to back out of a deal man up call the person and tell them you need to back out ,don't just leave them hanging. I hope he doesn't run his business that way. By the way I did take in to consideration family problems health issues etc.
Rant over ,I don't feel any better but life goes on.

I should know better ,its Craigslist right !? Put my 354 on Craigslist last Thursday , Friday after noon I had two missed calls on my cell. Called the # and it was a blocked number.
Saturday morning 7:30 AM have two missed calls and two voice mail. Same person as the night before but with a good contact number ,so I call ,no answer so I leave voice mail.
11:30 Am I get a call trying to fish cell out of my pocket ,phone goes into v.m. I call the guy. He's interested in the 354 after talking about a half hour he's all on board. He has three brothers and their Dad died and left them a 52 dodge PU they wanted to put a Hemi in it but he would have to talk with his brothers but since he was the leader of the bunch it shouldn't be a problem. He wanted a little time as one of the brothers was in Alaska and hard to get ahold of. That was no problem. I figured Sunday would be a wash and maybe hear from him on Monday. Nothing on Monday so I call him about 6PM just to see how things were lining up, no answer left a vm to call me and let me know how things are going. This is Tuesday evening and nothing yet. Now I've been stiffed on CL before but this kinda jerked me. Its not the idea I lost a sale .Ya I'm disappointed but its the principle.
If you need to back out of a deal man up call the person and tell them you need to back out ,don't just leave them hanging. I hope he doesn't run his business that way. By the way I did take in to consideration family problems health issues etc.
Rant over ,I don't feel any better but life goes on.

Ouch!! :( Well i called a seller but never heard from him too. :( really hurts too.,

The following text messages happened to me...

May 23 7:48 AM
ME: You still got the dakota?

(Nothing)

May 23 9:27 PM
ME: Eh?

Seller: Who is this

Me: Do you still have dakota?

(Nothing)

Me: Come on man... If you ain't got it just say so.

(Nothing)

Sellers/buyers like that piss me off!!

The following text messages happened to me...

May 23 7:48 AM
ME: You still got the dakota?

(Nothing)

May 23 9:27 PM
ME: Eh?

Seller: Who is this

Me: Do you still have dakota?

(Nothing)

Me: Come on man... If you ain't got it just say so.

(Nothing)

Sellers/buyers like that piss me off!!

Same! Never even got a response from the guy. :( so :finga: all you bad sellers. Lol

Somebody kept calling my cell at about 3-4AM while I was in bed. I had the number, it was way back 'east.' Every single time, I told them to stop calling me, "they had the wrong number."

So one Sat night I was up late, and "it occured to me" that at midnight "out here" it was 3AM BACK THERE

So I called about 8 times, and sure enough someone answered. I read them the riot act. "Hi, how ya doin? Say WHAT TIME IS IT there?"

"***** ***** *****, it's 3 AM WHO is this?"

"I'm the guy you kept calling when it was 3AM MY time. I'm jus' returnin the favor. Now dammit take my number out of your call list and STOP CALLING ME because I'll just keep doing this!!!!"

It's amazing!!! I have not heard from them!!!!

Somebody kept calling my cell at about 3-4AM while I was in bed. I had the number, it was way back 'east.' Every single time, I told them to stop calling me, "they had the wrong number."

So one Sat night I was up late, and "it occured to me" that at midnight "out here" it was 3AM BACK THERE

So I called about 8 times, and sure enough someone answered. I read them the riot act. "Hi, how ya doin? Say WHAT TIME IS IT there?"

"***** ***** *****, it's 3 AM WHO is this?"

"I'm the guy you kept calling when it was 3AM MY time. I'm jus' returnin the favor. Now dammit take my number out of your call list and STOP CALLING ME because I'll just keep doing this!!!!"

It's amazing!!! I have not heard from them!!!!

Yes!! Or if you knew where his house was just rev your engine in front of his house at 3am his time.

I would not expect someone (seller) to hold onto or stop from selling anything for over a few hours or maybe one day if they were ok with it based on phone conversation.

Situation would be different if someone came by, left a deposit and you did a bit of paperwork to document the pending sale and deposit put down on said sale.

I would just call them and let them know that you are going to sell it to the first person who shows up at our house with cash in hand, unless they want to come by and put down a deposit to keep it "off the market"

CL is first with cash wins. When I sell I make it clear I'm not holding the item unless you tell me your in the car and will be right over. When I find something I want to buy at the end of the call I say one of two things, I'll think it over OR I'll be right over with the cash what's your address.

Usually I'm the same way, first with the money but I thought I'd give him some leeway to talk with his brothers.

I don't understand. Other than aggravation, what are you out?

Dad was selling a pickup on craigslist, first guy calls, low balls him, and says he will be right up, calls back a little later and his trailer has a flat or some excuse, calls back five minutes later with yet another excuse, in the mean time another guy calls agrees to the asking price and says he will be there in the morning, the first guy calls with yet another excuse, tell him it's sold he gets kind of pissy. The second guy was there(about 100 mile drive)in the morning with cash.

Cash only and the 1st one gets it... end of story. If they call and tell me they are on their way, I will hold the item till they get there (and I need a close approx. time!!). If they say they can't come till the next day, I say "be sure to call and see if its still available..."

You never know....I just found the '62 Dart I bought on CL a few weeks ago. A real honorable gentleman from the mountains of VA. Buuuut there was that '64 Dart in Bowling Green KY that was the 'perfect car'....riiiiight...just needed a 'little TLC' by the time we got there! I do have to laugh at some of the heaps on CL for drug-crazed prices tho....

I don't understand. Other than aggravation, what are you out?

The point isn't being out anything . Its all about courtesy . I was giving him the time to get with his brothers. If someone came with the cash I would have let him know, not let him hang. Pending the sale of the Hemi I have a deal going with a guy for his 512 stroker. If the Hemi sale doesn't go I'm going to call the guy with the 512 and tell him I can't do it...
COURTESY.

Talks cheap and money buys wine.
First to arrive with the cash wins.
I don't hold anything for anyone on Craigslist.
Call before you come with cash in hand.

Talks cheap and money buys wine.
First to arrive with the cash wins.
I don't hold anything for anyone on Craigslist.
Call before you come with cash in hand.

Exactly the way I handle craigslist.
Too many flakes wasting your time.

The one I hate is someone from the town I live in wanting me to send them pictures.
My town is only about two miles from one end to the other, so I just tell them to come look at it or for forget it.

The point isn't being out anything . Its all about courtesy . I was giving him the time to get with his brothers. If someone came with the cash I would have let him know, not let him hang. Pending the sale of the Hemi I have a deal going with a guy for his 512 stroker. If the Hemi sale doesn't go I'm going to call the guy with the 512 and tell him I can't do it...
COURTESY.

That right there...........

Craigslist are bottom feeders.

I had a car listed. One day, I get three offers in my email all way below my asking and minimum price. the highest bidder asked me what my bottom line was, and I told him. Same with the other two. The lowest bidder comes back and states, "what's your bottom line, I'm going to look at a bunch of these this weekend." I didn't even dignify that with a response.

These guys are trying to talk me down to a price and haven't even seen the car yet. WTF?

So, the "top bidder" gives me his number and we talk. He tries to get me to lower my price. I told him to come look at the car, it's nice, then we'll talk. As soon as he came to look at it, he said, "I want it. I"ll give you your minimum price. I've been looking at these for a year now, and this is the cleanest/nicest one that I've seen." - this was for a 2004 GTO with 36,000 original miles and many performance upgrades.

He then gave me a $1000 deposit to hold it until he came back three days later with the rest of the cash.

-
Back