Crank pulley help

-

DDS74

Reaction score
Does anyone here run an ATI Super Damper on their big block and if you do what pulley are you running on the crank because the one I've been using is way off (about 1/2") and am wondering where you got yours, for reference it is a 2 grove pulley that is about 3 1/8" tall and came off a cast crank 440, if it helps. Spacing out the water pump pulley is out of the question because I don't have the space between it and my electric fan. And all I run is a water pump and the alternator. Thanks!

Sounds like you bought the wrong damper? ATI makes a damper that works with stock pullies but they also make a bunch of dampers that have different spacing than stock.

You might be able to change the hub on your damper to get it back in line with the stock pulley or the lower pulley from Doty might work for you. I've used the Doty pulley with an ATI damper before and it lines up with the stock water pump pulley.

Does anyone here run an ATI Super Damper on their big block and if you do what pulley are you running on the crank because the one I've been using is way off (about 1/2") and am wondering where you got yours, for reference it is a 2 grove pulley that is about 3 1/8" tall and came off a cast crank 440, if it helps. Spacing out the water pump pulley is out of the question because I don't have the space between it and my electric fan. And all I run is a water pump and the alternator. Thanks!

Google CVF racing and call and ask for Trevor. I was in the same boat with my FD and SB. I also wanted to overdrive the water pump. He came up with 2 pullies that will require very minor shimming, if at all, and gets me a bit of overdrive. And they were reasonably priced.

If they got more calls for this stuff they may put a kit together.

My stuff will be here Monday.

-
Back