Crankcase evacuation kit!?

-
NO header collector at all.that would interfer with my O2 sensor......mine tap into the valve cover and then go to the catch canister...total cost was 277.98...all fittings and lines included....was told by my buddies and others this was the way to go....and have to say so far not a problem....and the canister has a drain at the bottom..a petcock like a radiator has and my radiator overflow...the breather is open element to the atmosphere all the time ...yes...
I'll get the name for you if you want...I didnt ask...my buddy got it all for me and we put if on.....easy install...1 2 3 done...

wayne :burnout:

Ahhh, ok now I got it. Yours isn't vacuum assist - just using the separator as the common vent. I thought you were pulling some vacuum on the can and was surprised at the breather vent on it.
That is a good system you have instead of just breathers on the valve covers. At least you can contain the oil vapor instead of it getting all over the engine bay.
I was thinking of doing something similar with the header evac system. Running a separator before the headers to keep the oil out of the exhaust. Of course with vacuum it would not have a breather vent like yours.

always use a breather with a baffle. It helps prevent sucking oil out of motor

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 2,622
Yes, they provide a good first stage of separation to stop oil from going out and are a good, inexpensive first step. Your "breathers" are actually separators that connect into the evac system - as opposed to direct to atmosphere "breathers". With these you have to make sure that you are using the correct breathers that use steel wool as a separation media and not foam rubber. The foam saturates with oil really fast - in HiPro motors. Also putting them towards the front like you have them is a good idea as the oil levels are higher in the rear of the heads. I have still found oil in the evac lines down to the collectors, even with those breathers which is why I have looked into an additional separator canister.

I,m interested in the cannister setup also,been running the evac for 2 yrs now,always getting oil sucked up and burnt out the exhaust.Makes quite the mess under car without turndowns.time for some turndowns at the end of my extensions...for now.

I use one --and i did run it without the hoses on for a race (for some reason ) and my intake valley pan expanded up real high ! it was pushed up into the bottom of my M1 manifold !

-
Back