Crashed the Cuda, Sucks to be me!

-

Darwin

Evolutionary Member
Reaction score
I'll spare you the gory details. What you're looking at is the aftermath of my own stupidity:banghead:. I feel terrible, especially for my son, who spent the last two years helping me put this car together. Not to mention, this is his daily driver. His only goal this year was to get the car in our areas largest car show on the 4th of July, not sure thats gonna happen now. Did I mention how terrible I feel, I wasn't going to post this out of embarrassment, but I'm beyond that now and I'm focused on getting this thing back on the road asap. I've got all of the damaged parts removed and now I'm searching for some much needed parts. Here's where you guys come in, with the help of the great folks here on FABO I may be able to get my son to that show on the 4th.
I posted a thread in the parts wanted forum and so far have only secured a head light bezel (thanks dartinjack).
Here's a list of what I need:
Left Front Fender, Left Grill, Left Headlight Bucket and Stainless Ring that holds the headlight in.
I may also need the Filler Panel, between the bumper and grill, and the narrow steel piece that runs below grill between the fenders, sorry I don't know its technical name.
Thanks in advance, you guys are great!
Bob

Attachments

• Cuda Crash 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 921
  • Cuda Crash 002.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 931
  • Cuda Crash 003.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 929
  • Cuda Crash 004.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 921
  • Cuda Crash 005.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 942
Man that sucks. Looks like a beautiful car! So, I have to ask. What happened?

Bummer....

A buddy of mine just bought a 66 Valiant to part out, it is rusty so the fender is bad but it has the bumper filler and lower grille filler, also the head light bucket and ring. We are in central MN, hour NW of the cities. Let me know if you are interested and I can pm you his phone number, I will also call him in the morning and see what he wants for the stuff.

Man that sucks. Looks like a beautiful car! So, I have to ask. What happened?

You don't HAVE to ask...but since you did, here goes.
This "incident" happened in my own driveway. The Cuda was parked, I was in a hurry to get somewhere in my F150 and was backing at a faster than usual speed. Out of habit I was looking back through my outside rear view mirror, turned the wheel to back into my turn around and caught the car with the end of my front bumper. Of course the Cuda is much lower than my truck so the end of my bumper hit square in the headlight of the Cuda.
It hurts every time I tell this story.

Man that sucks.
If you find a good fender, grab the hood also, the hood looks buckled.
That fender is fixable, just take your time and hammer and dolly it out.
Take a good hard look at the radiator support and the top where the fender bolts on, it most likely is bent also.
Look at the bright side, you missed the bumper.

It happens. It has nothing to do with stupidity.
Look up Nahum 2:4

ship me the bent painted parts and the paint......whats the worse that could happen???? ya'll git my hammers and dollies ready!!!!
I'll spare you the gory details. What you're looking at is the aftermath of my own stupidity:banghead:. I feel terrible, especially for my son, who spent the last two years helping me put this car together. Not to mention, this is his daily driver. His only goal this year was to get the car in our areas largest car show on the 4th of July, not sure thats gonna happen now. Did I mention how terrible I feel, I wasn't going to post this out of embarrassment, but I'm beyond that now and I'm focused on getting this thing back on the road asap. I've got all of the damaged parts removed and now I'm searching for some much needed parts. Here's where you guys come in, with the help of the great folks here on FABO I may be able to get my son to that show on the 4th.
I posted a thread in the parts wanted forum and so far have only secured a head light bezel (thanks dartinjack).
Here's a list of what I need:
Left Front Fender, Left Grill, Left Headlight Bucket and Stainless Ring that holds the headlight in.
I may also need the Filler Panel, between the bumper and grill, and the narrow steel piece that runs below grill between the fenders, sorry I don't know its technical name.
Thanks in advance, you guys are great!
Bob

I feel your pain. That sucks. Is still driveable? it looks like it might be. Good luck

drill out the spot welds that hold in the headlight bucket remove it then you can hammer dollie everything back to shape then weld the headlight bucket back into place.......sure would be handy to have a small airplane about now, I could just fly around the country with my body repair tools and my dog
Man that sucks.
If you find a good fender, grab the hood also, the hood looks buckled.
That fender is fixable, just take your time and hammer and dolly it out.
Take a good hard look at the radiator support and the top where the fender bolts on, it most likely is bent also.
Look at the bright side, you missed the bumper.

Thats minor. Dont beat yourself up too bad. I wont even start on some of the **** i,ve done. Good luck on a quick fix.

-
Back