Crate Stroker motor

-

Orionsax7

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the company Blueprint Engines? I just saw them in Jeg's and visited their site. Engines actually look pretty well made from what I can tell and they offer a Magnum headed, rpm airgap, 408 stoker 360 rated at 395hp/475tq for $3600.

Block:
Seasoned 360 block
Square and parallel decked
Align honed main bearing bore
Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness

Rotating Assembly:
New SCAT cast iron crankshaft
Keith Black hypereutectic pistons
Chrysler heavy beam rods
Hastings Moly rings
Balanced rotating assembly
Melling high volume oil pump
Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
Heavy duty double roller timing set

Cylinder Heads:
Blueprint magnum cast iron heads
Hardened retainers and springs
2.02 swirl polished intake valves
1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
Hardened push rods

A Ton Of Extras:
EDELBROCK RPM Air-Gap Intake
New chrome "MOPAR PERFORMANCE"valve covers
Brass freeze plugs
Dyno tested – and shipped with results
Comes with 24 month / 24,000 mile warranty

Critical Specs:

Horsepower:
Torque:

I sent em an email asking about their balancing process and what kind of cam they use in it.

-Alex

have just seen those engines on jegs website and thought they looked good, but i havent heard anyting about them..

I ordered one after having no luck getting 402 magnum motor from Crysler, they told me it would take twelve days to build and a week or so to ship. Two months later I still have no motor, i was told it was shipped last week, but haven't seen or heard anything. After many phone calls they told me they had cam problems and didn't want to ship any until it was resolved. I think mopar sroker motors are new to there product line and should have done more R&D before offering them. Oh! i fogot to mention, they didn't have any trouble charging my credit card immediatly the day I ordered it! :cussing:

I have a hard time beleiving they can build and sell that for $3600. But, if they can, more power to them. It's just way too good to be true to me. MP sure cant get it's head out of it's behind, so they could have a lot of business...

I'd be little learry of those numbers myself. how can they both make the same power with different intake setups, and I'd bet anything that theydon't dyno every one- maybe sim-test them, and kickem' out the door. Probably just desktop dyno numbers. I think you could build one helluva engine for $5000- at least get some aluminum heads.

"I'd bet anything that theydon't dyno every one- maybe sim-test them, and kickem' out the door. Probably just desktop dyno numbers. "

Exactly. A supplied dyno sheet is as believable as you let it be. Dynos are just tools. If I was testing a battery, and my meter said 18 volts, I wouldnt think the battery is that good...I'd check to see if I had it set right..lol. Ask to see a sample of customers' sheets.

I'm guessing the 3,600 one is a long block and the 5,000 one is a completer with carb and intake, dist, etc. Just a guess though

This is the $5000 one.....comes with eddy heads instead of magnum, an eddy fuel pump, msd ignition, carb, etc. The other one doesn't.

Block:
Seasoned 360 block
Square and parallel decked
Align honed main bearing bore
Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness

Rotating Assembly:
New SCAT cast iron crankshaft
Keith Black hypereutectic pistons
Chrysler heavy beam rods
Hastings Moly rings
Balanced rotating assembly
Melling high volume oil pump
Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
Heavy duty double roller timing set

Cylinder Heads:
Blueprint magnum cast iron heads
Hardened retainers and springs
2.02 swirl polished intake valves
1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
Hardened push rods

A Ton Of Extras:
EDELBROCK RPM Air-Gap Intake
EDELBROCK fuel pump
EDELBROCK 750 cfm carb
MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
MAD Blaster 2 Coil
New chrome "MOPAR PERFORMANCE"valve covers
Brass freeze plugs
Dyno tested – and shipped with results
Comes with 24 month / 24,000 mile warranty

I figured it out. If you click around on the website a little, you'll see that the one for $5,000 comes with a coil, carb, distributer, and fuel pump. The one for $3,600 doesn't.

You have iron head and aluminum head, then iron and aluminum with carb, or iron and aluminum head with EFI. The base 360 core, with magnum heads, is 3600. The hp does go up with options, but I'm guessing with how they are shown (or not shown) that they have a dnoy sheet for one build. Not for yours in particular. Like the MP 360 380hp..they know the first one made that, they dont test every single one. They use some decent parts, and the price climbs a bit with each additional thing..the EFI aluminum head one is $9K. It gets more believeable with the better parts, but they arent dyno testing every one, at least I doubt it. I would bet the EFI one is fired and run tho...

-
Back