Crazy alignment problems

-
Those Snap On's are bad *** but very hard on the ears, the CP's hit hard but are more controlable, and the 717 has a .498 shank bit and hits so hard it will hurt your hand.

Huh? What'd you say?

The Snap On I have is a variable speed with the trigger pull. I like it a lot. It's not difficult to control at all and is a beast when you open it up.

Huh? What'd you say?

The Snap On I have is a variable speed with the trigger pull. I like it a lot. It's not difficult to control at all and is a beast when you open it up.

I don't want to hijack the post but it's just the CP and a Snap On are totally different beast. I just took my CP and spread a rusted on nut on a rear window wiper motor in the glass and got it off without breaking the glass.

I have finally fixed this PITA problem. I was going to just replace the chewed up poly LCA bushings with some rubber ones but I couldn’t get the outer bushing sleeves out of the control arms to save my life. I ended up damaging the factory LCAs and left the car alone for a while. I just recently bought some QA1 tubulars and decided while I was in there I’d go ahead and get their strut rods and some PST 1.03 torsion bars. I got it all installed yesterday and PROBLEM SOLVED!
5071386D-4499-4182-B3C2-BF88533E140E.jpeg
4B05F9E6-DD2C-44B8-9B33-37297C86AF3D.jpeg

I have finally fixed this PITA problem. I was going to just replace the chewed up poly LCA bushings with some rubber ones but I couldn’t get the outer bushing sleeves out of the control arms to save my life. I ended up damaging the factory LCAs and left the car alone for a while. I just recently bought some QA1 tubulars and decided while I was in there I’d go ahead and get their strut rods and some PST 1.03 torsion bars. I got it all installed yesterday and PROBLEM SOLVED!
View attachment 1715403585 View attachment 1715403586

Amen and Congrats! I know you feel much better! Been tough on you, but you prevailed!

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I can see gaps in your upper control arm eccentric bolts. You have an aftermarket control arm. Looks to me that the bolts may be tight, but there is not enough thread to clamp the control arm. Even the alignment shop cannot fix that.
Looks too me you assembled something incorrectly or parts were missing. Maybe talk to the control arm manufacturer and double check your assembly.

I am pretty sure I can see gaps in your upper control arm eccentric bolts. You have an aftermarket control arm. Looks to me that the bolts may be tight, but there is not enough thread to clamp the control arm. Even the alignment shop cannot fix that.
Looks too me you assembled something incorrectly or parts were missing. Maybe talk to the control arm manufacturer and double check your assembly.
This problem has been solved. It was the LCA bushings

If you ever had LCA bushings that bad you would understand. They were very bad. Like some I do believe there is space in the upper A mounts that looks suspicious as well. But the owner knows the difference and feels good about it.

In fact I commend him for seeing it through. He was lost a year ago and a nice recovery!

Last edited:
Yes, the comments about the space on the uppers having nothing to do with shot lower bushings is what i was commenting on. Like you, I'm glad the OP is able to enjoy driving his car again!

-
Back