CT and area members should attend.Sticky 4 a Day please

-

drjay0

The Jet
Reaction score
Got a jingle this morning with some important CT dragstrip news. Hopefully some of you will forward this and get the word out. Everyone should pay this link forward to any forums that you may attend so there will be a substantial attendence. There is a meeting for a story to be aired on WTNH regarding getting the message out loud this time for someone to step up and develop a raceway park in CT. This has been brought up a gazillion times through internet petitions and other mediums. Here is another chance to be heard about the need for a drag strip. In talking to the rep a few minutes ago, he mentioned that 3000 calls have already been received today over 12000 flyers have been spread around over the weekend to make all aware of this very important forum tonight. Please make a call, make your voice heard!!!
http://kam-performance.com/

drjayo,let me know if theres anything i can do to help i live in mass. but another track to race at would be great....Dave

I love the guys on Moparts that dont want to help because "it will never happen"

How the hell is anything every going to change if people dont take a stand for what the believe in ?

A quick update. Another story will air on WTNH channel 8 tonight Thursday 5/14 at 11pm. We'll all chat about this tomorrow.

As a member of new England Region, S.C.C.A., I know we tried for years to build a new road race circuit in New England, and it seems like it is finally happening in Central MA. In CT the last big chance was a P&W East Hartford, but that became Cabela's instead. Someone with far more time on their hands than I might look into P&W plants in No.Haven and Southington or, as a completely out of left field alternative some of the old rolling mills in the Naugatuck Valley. The big mill right off RT8 in Waterville comes to mind, as does the old Farrel's plant in Ansonia. Both would take a lot of work, but think of it, inside racing, perfect for N.E. weather, and noise containment.

I love the guys on Moparts that dont want to help because "it will never happen"

How the hell is anything every going to change if people dont take a stand for what the believe in ?

Spoken like a true 60`s child. Lol! How old are you??? 8)

Adam, you should know they already know everything... just give up and conform :D

This is not dead yet by any means. It seems like it is me alone on a crusade but whatever. I personally wrote a letter to Bruton Smith of Speedway Motorsports, Inc. expressing the racing community interest in a CT motorsports park. I convered details like history, track closures within 2 hours of central CT in the last 25 years, traffic/travel/lodging in the area, support retail and fabrication shops, tax credits and breaks. I even have a positive small letter from my own 1st selectman showing interest in the project since a 500 million dollor developement project is off the table for the 2nd time in my area. I included arial photos, property field cards, and the topographical map for the area. Who knows what could happen. That man will personally save Drag Racing and may even someday own NHRA. If everyone who claims to be in it for the sport to return to CT, then take 2 minutes of your day away from FABO and maybe do some local research of your own and do the same to Bruton and his Corporation.

When I first read your message, I thought you were in the Norwich area, but I see you're New Haven county. I have some thoughts for Eastern CT, but do not have the time to chase them. Without giving too manyspecifics away, where in NHC? I grew up in Cheshire, so I'm reasonably familiar with the area.

Im in North Haven and my office is also in North Haven. The property that I am going for is the 600+ acres. Englishtown Raceway park is 308 acres to give you an idea of size of the parcel of land. I'm looking into the former Rices and Pratt area (North/South)between Valley Service and Toelles Road, and (East/West) Rte.15 to Washington Ave.
Check out the arial view:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...845664&sspn=0.014966,0.02605&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13

I know that area well, I used to work in North Haven (on Old Broadway). That site has a lot going for it. Good luck, and if you need help, let me know.

I don't want to give up but I have written many email letters, left several messages in all different departments, and even did the old school rout and wrote a snail mail detailed letter with photos. I am not looking for anything but a reply or returned phone call. What else can I do just to simply get the idea in the door?

-
Back