CT ,NY,MA memebers 2009 get together July 18

-
Had a great time today .... It was nice meeting all of you ... Hope we can do it again .... Adam thank you for all the good food and thank the wife .... a good time was had by all ....

hey buddy, how did you get away with those beautiful "zoomies". real cool looking. dart is still looking "fine", wish you guys were closer. i would love to join in the festivities!!! kinda tough doin' the highway thing with '56's in the *** end!!!!!keep the pics comin'

Oh yea, 4.56's aint to good on the Hwy. and going far is out.

hey buddy, how did you get away with those beautiful "zoomies". real cool looking. dart is still looking "fine", wish you guys were closer. i would love to join in the festivities!!! kinda tough doin' the highway thing with '56's in the *** end!!!!!keep the pics comin'

I have 56's in my car as well .... But a tall tire .... Thanks for the kind words I like the zoomies as well .... Makes the car look like it's a hot wheels car .... My friends always are busting my chops about it .... Told me the car was missing when I left that night ... Anyone hear if I was or not ... Think there pulling my leg .... Yet again .... lol

Looks like you guys had a great time and a great turnout. Glad to see the weather was in your favor too. We need to do a bay area one of those get togethers.

Rumble, I think that carb is a rochester 4 jet. That 76(maybe a 75) is a hurst/olds w-30 455 car. I used to have one just like it and I sold it to a resto place back east called mission control....I wonder if that is my old car?

Oh thanks Red. I didn't know what the heck that carb was, but a Rochester 4 jet...I guess that makes sense since it's a Buick engine.
The Olds was a nice car. I have a soft spot for those.

My son Robert & I liked that primered Dart at the show. He and I were checking it out and describing how we would finish it with a vinyl top, wheels etc. I liked the rollcage. Nicely done whomever installed it.

George

Finish it....? its done what more could you want done to it lol. One day paint but first need to go faster. The roll cage was done by one of the east coasts greatest welders Bobby Larangina up near Poughkeepsie NY He is a race car chassis builder and a great guy. That car leaves as straight as an arrow I drive the quarter mile with one hand on the wheel thats how straight it runs. when we all going back to Marcus??

I went to a small cruise in today: no paint, no respect. One guy was actually polishing his car to no end in the lot, until I had to walk up to him and let him know his gas tank was leaking in a big way.
This guy summed it all up:

DSCF1806.JPG

I have actually thought of waxing my car while attending a car show just to see there faces..... I say at the next Marcus meet we all buff and wax my car at the show as a gag lol. We should think about a track day this early fall maybe we can all meet up at Muscle pallooza in Nj this labor day weekend... just a thought and watch that zummy headered Dart run like a mother F er

Muscle pallooza in Nj this labor day weekend
What day is that again????
Sounds like a good meet to me to do. Hey! What the hell. I go to Maryland just for Crab cakes for lunch, I can do NJ for a meet and drags.

Its the Saterday and Sunday of labor day weekend I would most likely go for the Saterday part of the event.

I looked it up, I was asking not the name of the day but when it fell on which is Septemeber 7th.

Englishtown Serptember 7 right?

I have never been to one. Sounds like it might be fun

I have been hearing that for a long time. IDK if it has.

We could try to meet at Thornwood, NY at Rosehill (Saturday night show) if they do not shut that down again.

-
Back