Cuda Capers: 1-27-07

-
That is awesome. You'll have you car before I do it looks like. Looking good man.

Barracuda041-vi.jpg

"Hey, no one is happier than ME about all this! I have to live with the miserable bastard when the #$%@ hits the fan...."

Barracuda041-vi.jpg

That is awesome. You'll have you car before I do it looks like. Looking good man.

Awesome FB 340.
So happy for you.
It`s looking really great :thumbup:

I haven't cut my hair in months and I grew a moustache. I said to myself "that's money saved on razors & haircuts..." that could be applied to more urgent items, like my order to Year1 this week <OUCH!>
Actually I'm just mixing things up a bit. Now it's my Wife's turn.

I'm requesting a blonde again....
025.gif

AdamR said:
I thought you were going to say she wasnt shaving either. :happy4: Sorry Amy LOL

DUDE! She walked up behind me and read that post! She's soooo gonna kick your *** when she meets you ! :happy4: She really did walk up behind me....

All kidding aside, I decided to grow some hair again. I'm *thinking* about a ponytail again, just so I can live up to the stereo-type 50 yr. old trying to look like a teenager again.... It just over a year away.

Thanks for all the compliments on the progress with my car. I'm very pleased so far. I've seen his finished work and it looks great, and he's been working there for 12 years, so he must be quality. Again... I have a good-vibe on this whole deal.

harrytoes said:
I am about two months behind you. Great inspiration. Awesome work

Howzabout some details on your car? What color combination, options, and naturally, engine size? Mine is an original Formula S that's been modified a bit.

And as for inspiration, I've been watching postings by Coyote Jack and Rumblefish with their projects, and it's helped me. Every time Kevin would post pictures of his Duster, or Dave his convert, it just made me envision my car done. Adams Scamp is another active project. And I love seeing them go together. That's why I plan on posting progress pictures along the way too. It's all too easy to loose sight of the finished project. Believe me, I know. If it helps one person get through theirs, it's worth it.

Enjoy! I'm finally starting to enjoy mine again!

FASTBACK340 said:
Howzabout some details on your car? What color combination, options, and naturally, engine size? Mine is an original Formula S that's been modified a bit.

It is a pretty plane car. Original 2bbl 318 with 3 spd auto. It does have the tow package (sway bar, heavy duty springs and torsion bar). My family bought it new of the lot. It was a daily driver for over twenty years. Lots of bondo. It's a California car so just a little bit of rust. I do need new quaters and a new trunk pan.

I am going for the orginal color TT1 Avacado Green. I used to call it Baby $#@^ Green. But i have grown to like the color. Black and white interior. I am planning on doing the car in stages. First stage is the body. Then it's a tighened suspension, bigger rear end, and disk brakes. I want it to turn as good as I can get it.

Finally the engine, keeping the 318 just hoppin' it up a bit (4bbl, performer intake, bigger cam, and new ignition). New exhaust also. Right now it's just a single exhasut.

Now I just need to win the lottery.

engineemail.jpg

Lookin good John,it's progressing very nicely!
How soon until it's ready for some color?

My Duster is covered in primer and at a stand still until i can find a fender for it!
Maybe i'll take road trip to Conn.,I know there's a real nice Brown Scamp with the fender on i need!:evil2:

harrytoes said:
It is a pretty plane car.....
I am going for the orginal color TT1 Avacado Green.....
Finally the engine, keeping the 318 just hoppin' it up a bit .....
Now I just need to win the lottery.....

As for the plain car deal, these cars are so uncommon that they're ALL pretty special on the road! The green will definitely jump out. And the 318 is about as dependable as you can get. My Dart turns heads like crazy... I can't imagine what's gonna happen with the `Cuda. Mines going to be LL1 Turquoise with a black bench seat interior with a 4 spd. The engine is a 360 with a 6 bbl. The entire suspension is polygraphite and I'm using KYB gas shocks. I have new .820 torsion bars and a set of Espo's S/S rear leafs. The car rides as tight as a new Maxima.

And a nice lottery hit would ease the pain!

EvilScamp said:
Lookin good John,it's progressing very nicely!
How soon until it's ready for some color?

My Duster is covered in primer and at a stand still until i can find a fender for it!
Maybe i'll take road trip to Conn.,I know there's a real nice Brown Scamp with the fender on i need!:evil2:

The bodyshop should be done with it by the end of March, which is just right for me to start assembly. Color....I've dreamed of color for 8 years. I can't wait. And as for the Conn. road trip, stop by NY. I'll show you what pizza & bagels are SUPPOSED to taste like... :cheers:

-
Back