'Cuda Sport???

-

CornDog

Reaction score
I was recently replacing the front cap on my '73 Dart Sport over to a 70/71 front cap. While I was working on it I started thinking... ."Wonder what a 67-69 Cuda front end would look like on a Duster/Dart Sport body". To me, it appears that the body lines on the doors would line up. Has anyone ever since this done before? I think it would look awesome! If you have pictures of one done... I would love to see it.

Justin
"CornDog"

Justin
I think your gonna have to change your screen name to Dr Frankenstein !
Actually I'm thinking of putting My 72 front clip and rear bumper onto a clean 74 Dart I might buy cause it would save Me a hell of a lot of bodywork . Your post as well as others has inspired Me.:toothy10:

hahaha... you know what they say about us Mopar guys...... we're definately a different crowd.

Justin
"CornDog"

I don't think anyone's ever done it before. I'm having a tough time seeing it in my head though; it would be cool if someone could do a rendering.

Its not just us Mopar guys...its Ma Mopar herself. How about using a 68 Coronet grille in the 69 Chrager 500, or using 70 Coronet front fenders on the Superbird. It's called inginunity. I think a Cuda-sport would look cool.

I've never seen one in all my years of going through mags and online sources..............I'd sure like to SEE it though.........

We need some artists to jump in here.................8)

Yeah twisted, you also must have a lot of time and energy !
I think the only thing that would look odd is the barracuda's are alot rounder or curvier than the Darts although the dart sports have a more streamlined body with the relatively straight front fenders...:dontknow:
Think the key to pulling it off would be if the lead edge of the doors match up to the trailing edge of the fenders being transplanted.

Probably not doable or it would have been done already.
A tape measure comparison of vertical door line and horizontal cowl line and that radius will tell the tell.

I always thought it would be cool to take a Dart Sport Body, add a 68 Dart front clip, add the round 68 sidemarkers, and maybe even install 68 Charger Taillights or 72-74 Cuda Taillights (to go with the 68 "round" theme). Make a car that never exsisted a 68 Dodge Demon/Dart Sport.
I know it sounds crazy, but I think it would be cool.

Jason

I thinkit is VERY do-able... the reason I say this.... first off.... the hood on a Dart Sport and a '69 Cuda are the same. The doors appear to be the same too. The cowl should be the same too. Surely the front inner structure is not that much different. But strangely enough.... I really do not have much time on my hands.... I just think a lot while I'm working or driving. :)

Justin
"CornDog"

Ok, so I did two very quick photoshops to kinda get an idea of what one would look like.....

Justin
"CornDog"

ctc08045.jpg

re07003.jpg

Not sure if this is what you meant but Its hard to morph two cars at different angles.

73sprt11.png

id like to see a barracuda front clip on a 67 and up dart,i think that would be cool.Especially like a 68 cuda clip on a 68 dart.

The only thing with this is the Cuda fenders don't have the side panels like the Dart and Duster fenders.

Fred B

The only thing with this is the Cuda fenders don't have the side panels like the Dart and Duster fenders.

Fred B

What side panels are you talking about?? I think I know what you're talking about.... do you mean the area behind the headlights?

Justin
"CornDog"

I have seen it done. They grafted the front section of barracuda fenders into the back halves of a duster or demon, can't remember which. In fact, the fenders are still up in Idaho where I saw them. I could give you the guys phone number if you are interested.
Rod

I have both a Barracuda and Duster in my garage and the body lines on the doors are quite different between the two cars. It would take some custom work to get it all to match up. Probably the closest you'd come is putting a late 60's Valiant front end on a Duster/Dart Sport.

my buddy was thinking about a '70-'72 dart front end onto a volare, doable with A LOT of cutting and welding, needless to say he ended up not doing it.

-
Back