"Cudagirl"'s new "girlcave"

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well everybody, I just thought I would share a little story from the desk of cosgig and cudagirl. When Nella was born, we were unaware that she had a neuro-muscular disease, but as she got older it became apparent that she was going to need assistance in the mobility department. She has an accessable van, but up until now, we have had to load and unload her in our driveway, as our home does not have a garage. This means in all kinds of inclement weather, rain and snow, muddy conditions and anything Mother Nature can throw at Michigan. Well, that's all about to change. Through the grace of God, we have been able to save enough money to build an attached garage on our house to accomodate her van, and a little room left over for "Sunfish" too!!! We will now (or soon) be able to pull her van right in, drop the lift right onto a platform the height of the floor in the house, and she can drive right out of the van and into the house. We have been needing this for some time, and we are very excited that it is now becoming a reality!! It's been a slow go as ol' cosgig is doing it by himself, but when it's done we're gonna have a big "cave" warming party and christen Nella's "girlcave" right. It's a very exciting time around the cosgig residence and we can't wait to start parking in it!! I'll keep you all posted on the progress, through pictures and stories. Here's a few from the past couple weeks!! Take care all, Geof and Nella

100_1254.jpg

100_1256.jpg

100_1257.jpg

100_1258.jpg

100_1259.jpg

100_1278.jpg

That's great! I wish you the best on the project! I'm sure she'll be itching to hang up a sweet portrait of Sunfish in there! I hope everything goes smooth!

Very good cosgig :rock:=D>:angel4::thumbrig:
Our 9.000th member Cudagirl will love that girlcave for sure.
God bless you Cudagirl :wave::angel7: You have a great dad that knows how to build a cool hang out for you and Sunfish.:love7:
WE sure do miss hearing from you and I hope you are getting some horse riding time in lately :cheers:.

Give your family a big hug for us :cheers: That is a big girl cave :happy10:

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D> Thats awsome congrats!! Im in ohio i know all to well about our nasty weather!!

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D> Thats awsome congrats!! Im in ohio i know all to well about our nasty weather!!

78kitcar, I see you're from Cleveland. You don't happen to know Badawg do you?? He's from Cleveland too, just thought you might know him or see him at some local events. Cleveland ain't that big is it??? Motor on and enjoy!!! Geof

That's great that you can do that for her, it will make things much better especially in the winter. I live in Michigan too and an attahed garage can make a big difference getting in and out of the house.

Geof the garage is looking GREAT! I know you cant wait until its all done. Hang in there my friend, its moving along fast now and it wont be long. Well done!!

Dang!

After reading the story , I was expecting to scroll down and see a makeshift awning with a canvas roof.

That thing is bigger than your house!

Awesome!!!

Hey everybody, heres a couple pics of the concrete going in, and of course our first customer trying out her spot. Geof

100_1303.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1312.jpg

Who needs a cup of coffee when you have a happy smile like your's Nella to see first thing in the morning :cheers: Thank you for sharing such a great day.
Know you wait a few days before you put your car in the girl gave so the concrete will get hard all the way through.:read2:

Looking good, but you installed the Tyvek upside down.

LOL

That looks awesome! I know how you and Cudagirl feel. I just finished my garage and I had my truck in there to put in a new motor and tranny! My Cuda was sitting in my buddies trailer all winter waiting to come home and she made it home last week!

Keep us posted on pics!

-
Back