Current 'best' aftermarket non ac heater core?

-

The one I got looked like the first one you posted. The tubes were generally in the right area but the center to center between the tubes was about 1" wider than the original, the bends in the small tube were made differently than the original too. Even after he got the tubes in the right spots, with no obstructions, the metal mounting flange sat at a warped angle. He removed the small tube from my original and installed it on the new, clocked in a better position, and also removed the flange from my original and installed it on the new. He basically created the right core out of the 2.

It came from autozone so who knows its history, maybe someone manhandled it before I got to it, but it didnt appear damaged and it held 18psi.

Im glad yours worked out well though! Im always grateful when an aftermarket part fits/works on these cars without issue. Ive been fussy on this car because its all numbers matching and low miles, so I wanted to make sure the heater core sat correctly and didnt put added stress on the heater box, and that all my hold downs and seals lined up correctly.

Last edited:
-
Back